PDA

View Full Version : Old (New to Me) 6" Jointer Questions

Greg Scull
04-05-2011, 5:07 PM
Hi all. Last night I made a mad dash for the 40$ 6" jointer with 1hp motor
add that popped up on CL. It came home with me :).

Hoping any of you have seen one of these before?

I know it looks very similar to many of the clones (HF) with the old style fence.

The tables seem very co-planar with a straight edge and the motor is working fine.

The fence angle adjustment is rock solid but the bolt that holds the fence in place is stripped.

I think I can probally make a replacement for the bolt/brace. Its a square piece of 1/4" steel with
a threaded bolt that slides through the assembly and is held in place with a nut. Before I try and hack together
yet another tool I would hoping someone had an idea of its maker?

Any other items I should consider w/ it?

Jointer came with the upper belt cover but needs bolts to attach.

I plan on covering the sides and putting a slide in place to trap the chips and attach to the DC.

Mobile base picked up from HF today for 30$ :)....

Cant wait to get it running and put my 4" Magna and 6.25" craftsman benchtop out to pasture.

Dave Aronson
04-05-2011, 6:15 PM
interesting power switch.....

Greg Scull
04-05-2011, 7:37 PM
interesting power switch.....

Yes it is ... it begs safety ( Stop Sign ) style switch doesn't it ! FWIW it does work though :)

Angela micinski
04-05-2011, 9:22 PM
Well the end mounted fence is making a comeback on the 12" grizzly jointer I think so maybe that one is really cutting edge.

Don Jarvie
04-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Looks like the HF/Reliant clone. I have the Reliant and once I set it up it works pretty good. I am getting a little scalloping on the edges but I bring out the jointer hand plane and it makes quick work of it.

If you search the HF site you can download the manual to help you set it up. Mine has a push button stop/start on it.