PDA

View Full Version : AAW symposium

jared herbert
04-05-2011, 8:24 AM
Hello I have never been to one of the aaw symposium but I am within easy driving distance of the one in St Paul this spring. In reading the info about it, there are a lot of demos I would like to see. I am sure some are in more demand than others. Do you have to reserve a seat at the demos or is it first come first seated for them? Just wondering. Thanks Jared

Doug Wolf
04-05-2011, 10:18 AM
First come first served. Just leave the one before early if you want a good seat.

Richard Coers
04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Most of the demos will be standing room only. My experience in Lousiville was to find a room with the most interest for me, and camp out there. There is the start of the day when you can go to the room early and get a good seat, then a break for lunch when you can come back early. I would use those major breaks to change rooms, then stay in that seat till the next major break. If you watch an entire demo and move, you will likely end up standing. Getting lunch will be an issue because the entire mob breaks at the same time. You may get the best info in the vendor room where experts on working on supplier machines. You get really close there, and if you stay during a rotation, the vendor room gets pretty empty.