PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to EPILOG AGAIN

Bruce Volden
04-04-2011, 2:59 PM
What is that smell??? Went to continue with another file (engraving lotsa knives again) and lost my X-axis!!!! Shut down and pulled the front cover on my Legend TT and the servo was HOT :mad:. Called Epilog and spoke with the tech, he dug through records and found that there was an update for this type of problem back in '03-'04. YAY--new parts are being shipped out today at no expense.....I'm so ecstatic I don't even care the machine is down, well I do, but c'mon free parts??? I guess I should just be glad that the machine has lasted as long as it has with a known problem. Thanks again to the Epilog Corp. for their diligent customer support. I know again who my new machine will be purchased from!

Bruce

Frank Corker
04-05-2011, 6:12 AM
I'm with you at singing their praises, Epilog have been very good to me in the past which is why I have no hesitation recommending them. I particularly like the fact that your machine will always have a history that they keep, a little like owning a Rolls Royce, even when it is sold on. Glad to know tat tey have sorted it out for you, it hurts like hell when something goes wrong.

Dee Gallo
04-05-2011, 8:59 AM
I agree - when I bought a used Epilog, they had the repair/parts replaced history right there and helped me get set up over the phone for free. As tempting as some of the other models may look, I won't give up the excellent customer service I've gotten from Epilog.

cheers, dee

Mark Ross
04-05-2011, 9:26 AM
They absolutely rock! Maybe for tinkering at home in a garage I would consider something else, but we use ours at work 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week (sometimes 7). They have always been there with excellent customer support and I would not dream of ever buying another machine for a business that was not an Epilog.

David Fairfield
04-05-2011, 9:47 AM
Yeah, they are great with the replacement parts, I never have to worry about being left in a bind. But even better is, I haven't needed to replace anything in years, even the laser tube is performing fine well past its expected lifespan. I turn it on, it runs!

Dave

Dee Gallo
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, they are great with the replacement parts, I never have to worry about being left in a bind. But even better is, I haven't needed to replace anything in years, even the laser tube is performing fine well past its expected lifespan. I turn it on, it runs!

Dave

Good point, Dave - especially for tech-challenged people like myself who would rather be working than repairing or waiting on hold for service and parts.

Bruce Volden
04-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Good point, Dave - especially for tech-challenged people like myself who would rather be working than repairing or waiting on hold for service and parts.

Wait a minute Dee---you're the laserhead and hubby is the neanderthal!! OH!!... You like to figger out artistic challenges, not the mechanical one eh?? ;)

Bruce

Dee Gallo
04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Wait a minute Dee---you're the laserhead and hubby is the neanderthal!! OH!!... You like to figger out artistic challenges, not the mechanical one eh?? ;)

Bruce

Yup, Bruce, the most I want to do is take my laser apart to clean it. I suppose if you held a gun to my head, I COULD do the mechanical stuff. But when you guys start talking about the math and tech stuff, all I hear is a loud buzzing noise...

Bill Cunningham
04-05-2011, 9:58 PM
That fix to the xmotor will have a few new parts as well.. There was a problem with the bearing support, and the torque would eventually bend the motor shaft. They will send you a new bracket, bearing and motor. It takes about a hour to stick in.. My replacement motor lasted for several years, and I just replaced it last year. I was surprised that it was a 'brush' type motor, considering the amount of work it does..