PDA

View Full Version : Senior moment... please help!

Dee Gallo
04-04-2011, 2:11 PM
Hi all,

I cannot make the diacritical marks needed for this name! And the "N", I don't know at all. I used to know how, but for the life of me cannot do it today... please help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!

Thank you so much, dee

Chris DeGerolamo
04-04-2011, 2:28 PM
From character map in Arial Font:

Ŝéšŋ

George Brown
04-04-2011, 2:29 PM
Dee, in corel, go to text, click on "insert symbol character", select the font you want and you'll see all the available characters, hope this helps.

Dee Gallo
04-04-2011, 3:24 PM
Thank you Chris and George, that's a big help! Sheesh.... I never used that feature before, I always used keystrokes. This is SO much easier to remember, THANK YOU!

:D dee

Martin Boekers
04-04-2011, 5:58 PM
Dee, I alway remember things....... I just cant tell you when...... :-)

George M. Perzel
04-05-2011, 7:18 AM
Hi Dee;
You can use an international keyboard- here's a link to info from my alma mater.
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codeint.html

Good luck
Best Regards;
George
Laserarts

Mike Null
04-05-2011, 9:58 AM
Dee
If you highlight the letter you want to replace with a character then click and drag the character to the highlighted area it will resize correctly.

Dee Gallo
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks, George, that could come in handy!

Mike - that's a great tip - I was going to have to do that manually before. Thanks!

Bill Cunningham
04-05-2011, 9:38 PM
I just had to use that function for the first time in a long time.. I'm doing 30, 4x4 granite pieces with a picture of two churches and some text in the Dene language. Dene is a native language and in this case, their going to a little town in the Northwest Territories up on the Beaufort Sea.. The language is writable in the common alphabet, but is very rich in accents. Luckly I found them all in the font they wanted using that function. Nice of Corel to include it. I don't use it much, but it's far handier than using the windows character thingy..

Dee Gallo
04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah, mine is for a Lakota guy - imagine him wanting his Lakota nickname on mah jong tiles.... whatever the customer wants, eh?

:) dee