PDA

View Full Version : Anatir III

Richard Kennedy UK
04-03-2011, 8:16 PM
This is one of the last pieces I made before I broke my foot last year. Since getting back into the shop I have been unable to start another one as they take better balance than I have just now but soon I hope I will get going again!

Thanks for taking a look!

Jim Burr
04-03-2011, 8:23 PM
Richard, richard, richard...have you learned nothing in your time here? :D What kind of wood is that? What did you do to ebonize it? How did you do the pierced slots?
Come on now...don't make us ask twice ;)

Richard Kennedy UK
04-03-2011, 8:30 PM
Sorry I apologise its 01.25am here and I should be asleep. Its Lime I ebonised it using matt spray paint (gives a really flat finish which works best for this type of thing) The piercing is done with a machine beauticians use to pierce nails (which is on the blink at the mo Am about to test a foredom- would love an NSK but £££££ sorry $$$$$) I use a 1mm piercing bit - well several as they don't last long! As for the size its about 12'-13' diameter and about 4.5' tall. Oh and it took about a week to make

David DeCristoforo
04-03-2011, 8:30 PM
I remember seeing on WoW and really liking the way the shadow interacts with the piece to expand it's "presence". I really don't see why you would have a problem doing this kind of work while hopping around on one foot...

Roland Martin
04-03-2011, 8:31 PM
WOW!! A lot of work put into this beauty:eek: Wood specie, size, etc.,:):) Fantastic piece Richard, inquiring minds!

Steve Schlumpf
04-03-2011, 8:52 PM
Richard - I remember this piece very well from when you posted it over on WOW! Was amazed by it then and am still! Equally impressed with the lighting in the photo and proves a point I always try to get across to folks when asking about photos - shadows give a piece dimension!

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

Michael James
04-03-2011, 9:03 PM
Stunning! Thx for posting.

John Keeton
04-03-2011, 9:09 PM
Richard, I too recall this one from WoW! As a matter of fact, that was my first introduction to your work! Beautiful piece.

Cathy Schaewe
04-03-2011, 9:13 PM
I saw this piece on your website a while back, which I went to after seeing some of your work on the AAW site. What a gorgeous piece! That takes much more talent, not to mention patience, than I have. Amazing -

David E Keller
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
That's a wonderful piece, Richard! I hope the foot gets better, so you can go back to doing these wonderful pierced pieces.

Baxter Smith
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Amazing work. Hard for me to really appreciate since it is so far beyond what I could do.

Dan Forman
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
All the more impressive at twelve feet wide and four and a half feet tall...or did you mean " :D

Seriously, outstanding work! That would be a painful one to nick your finger on while spinning.

Dan

Michelle Rich
04-04-2011, 7:59 AM
imaginative & extremely COOL!

Russell Eaton
04-04-2011, 9:02 AM
Richard that is very impressive, thanks for showing.

David Reed
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Stunning piercings and cool design. It looks much like some type of throw-able weapon - not sure how it would stand up to that abuse though. The lighting and photography augment the design immeasurably.

Richard Kennedy UK
04-05-2011, 6:35 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment Yes it was posted on wow a while back I posted it here because John mentioned it and I thought I would give it an airing both to share with others and as a kick to me to get on and start a new one Motivation is proving difficult at the mo My foot won't heal quick enough and standing at the lathe is just uncomfortable but the season rushes ever closer and I need to get some of this type of thing done!

Thanks everyone for your kind words