PDA

View Full Version : High dollar, stainless steel, picture perfect glue shelf

Bill Huber
04-03-2011, 6:53 PM
No this is not a commercial for Titebond, just looks cool, I think.:cool:

I bought 2 of those little drawer like thinks that you put in the center blanks of a kitchen sink. I installed them and I like them but the wife didn't see any need for them and just would not use them so I took them back out.

In the shop today and just trying to find a good use for them and this one just kind of worked out good.

So I thought I would post a high dollar, stainless steel picture perfect glue shelf.....:)

Jim Rimmer
04-03-2011, 6:58 PM
Great idea. May have to find some of those.

Bill Huber
04-03-2011, 6:59 PM
Great idea. May have to find some of those.

You don't want these, they were $16 each, and I think I could make a little glue shelf for a little less then that.

Kent A Bathurst
04-03-2011, 7:01 PM
So, Bill - what brand of glue do you prefer? :D

Bill Huber
04-03-2011, 7:57 PM
So, Bill - what brand of glue do you prefer? :D

I am not really sure, there are so many to pick from...:D

I got a bottle of Dark, Orignal, II and III from Woodcraft when they were giving it away with a $50 purchase.

I do use III the most but I am going to try the II, its just about as strong and has a 2 year shelf life. Now the Dark I am not sure when I will use it.

mickey cassiba
04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
We used to sell the vinyl/plastic ones at work...discontinued after none of the local cabinet makers would junk up their work with 'em. I brought a half dozen of them home and showed em to my wife. She immediately and forcefully stated that there would be none of that(fill in the blank) in her kitchen. Out to the shop they went. The stainless outclasses mine by a mile though.

Dave MacArthur
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
IKEA sells those same shelves, not sure how much but it must have been a good deal, because I bought 4 of them and use them for spice shelves and cooking sauce shelves.
Nice use of them with the glue!

gary Zimmel
04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Always nice to see some bling in the shop. Can't beat that stainless glue rack Bill.

Kevin W Johnson
04-04-2011, 1:08 AM
I cant for the life of me picture how these are used in the kitchen.......

neal jack
04-04-2011, 2:36 AM

I cannt imagine that too.

mickey cassiba
04-04-2011, 3:07 AM

Usually they are attached to the back of the false drawer fronts under a sink, along with tip-out hinges, but I like Bill's application better.

Bill Huber
04-04-2011, 9:50 AM

Here is the way they are used, these are the plastic ones.