PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognise this Rockwell lathe? need help

Tad Capar
04-02-2011, 1:18 PM
I came across this Lathe http:// newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/2299421145.html
I can't find the model # because was painted over, therefore I'm not sure if the parts are still available. It needs the tool support as well as tail support, are these parts expensive if available? I would appreciate any input.

Tim Thiebaut
04-02-2011, 2:51 PM
The ad is gone Tad.

Tad Capar
04-03-2011, 8:23 AM
Really? I'm confused, when I click on the link, it's there. I email the guy and should know shortly if it's sold.

Alan Zenreich
04-03-2011, 9:25 AM
I spoke with him early on Friday. He had purchased a number of lathes from a school and this is what remained of the lot. He was closing the space that housed the lathe and needed to get rid of it, or have it scrapped.

His original ad called it a powermatic, but my research indicated that it was actually a Delta 1460 in a school configuration. I explained to him that is wasn't a powermatic and he appreciated the information. The lathe had been heavily painted green, so that may have been part of the confusion.

The lathe did not have a tailstock, and I've seen quotes for the tailstock assembly as high as $900... so I let the deal pass. It might be good for someone who already has a 1460 and wanted it for parts or upgrading. Otherwise it was likely an expensive restoration project.

Tim Thiebaut
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Really? I'm confused, when I click on the link, it's there. I email the guy and should know shortly if it's sold.

You can most likely still see it because a copy is still cached in your computors files, but it does say "Posting has been deleted by author" and it is gone, sorry. While you have the ad up on your screen hit "F5" to reload the page...it will most likely disappear on you then...

Bill Bolen
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Whatever it was getting a banjo and tailstock could be very expensive and problamatic to find. I think it was a good thing that you passed on it.

Tad Capar
04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. Just got the email that it was sold.