PDA

View Full Version : Blum Tandem Plus Undermount Drawer Slides

Brett Bobo
04-01-2011, 1:59 PM
Which retailer has the lowest price for the Blum Tandem Plus undermount drawer slides? I'm particularly looking at the 15" and 18" 562H drawer slides. From what I've found, Customer Service Hardware has the best prices with Woodworker's Hardware being a close second.

With the 562H slides, is there not a slight change or specific part designation in the hardware for inset drawer fronts? It appears that you would increase the depth of the cabinet by the thickness of the inset drawer front but that total depth cannot exceed the maximum per the Blum instructions, correct?

Also, with the 5/32" setback from the front of the face frame to the edge of the slide and if the reveal around the drawer front is say 1/8", do you not see the slide through the gap?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

David Kumm
04-01-2011, 2:09 PM
I think when I ordered there was a difference in the clips for under the drawer. I ordered the sides and the clips separately because the ones for inset had some additional adjustment. Because I don't do many, I add a strip to the frame and reduce the drawer width slightly so the front actually covers the slide. It is hard to see anyway but makes me believe I'm doing something special. The strip is set back a little as well so the front won't touch it. Dave

Andrew Pitonyak
04-01-2011, 2:10 PM
http://ahturf.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=882_884_915_4662