PDA

View Full Version : My favorite project for x-mas Childs Table And Chairs

Greg Scott
01-28-2005, 4:02 PM
This one was made for our nephew it is Walnut with maple accents. I'll let the pics speak for themselves on this one. It's my favorite of what was made this year for xmas.
Greg

Jim Fancher
01-28-2005, 4:15 PM
Beautiful design!

My son would have that covered in Crayon in a blink of an eye.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-28-2005, 5:07 PM
WOW that is a heck of a present for anyone! I am sure he will have it for years to come.

Greg Scott
01-28-2005, 5:20 PM
Jim,
Not a problem some WD-40 would take those crayon marks right off!!!

Beautiful design!

My son would have that covered in Crayon in a blink of an eye.

Greg Leighty, Chattanooga TN
01-28-2005, 6:22 PM
Very nice. You sure do have some lucky family members. I went back and looked at all the projects you have posted, they are all very nice. The only problem I had was my wife was looking over my shoulder telling me I needed to spend more time in the shop. My problem is that we still have four young children at home. Maybe when the grand kids get here I will have more time.

Great work Greg.

Steve Beadle
01-28-2005, 7:02 PM
That's a gorgeous heirloom! Did you brand the underside or otherwise put a permanent maker's mark, so that its heritage is preserved for the next few centuries?

Jim Fancher
01-28-2005, 7:22 PM
Maybe when the grand kids get here I will have more time.
Time I have. Skill is where I'm lacking. :D

I keep coming back to this thread to look at the pics. The table and chairs are fantastic.

Charles McKinley
01-29-2005, 8:01 PM
Hi Greg,

Did you laminate the maple before you milled the pieces? That is a great look.

Greg Scott
01-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Steve,
I was fortunate enough to receive a branding iron from SWMBO for my birthday a few months ago so all of these pieces now are branded for life!
Greg

That's a gorgeous heirloom! Did you brand the underside or otherwise put a permanent maker's mark, so that its heritage is preserved for the next few centuries?

Greg Scott
01-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Charles,
Yep that's how I did it.
Thanks for the kind words.
Greg

Hi Greg,

Did you laminate the maple before you milled the pieces? That is a great look.

Steve Inniss
01-30-2005, 7:30 AM
Greg, fantastic job. Puts me in the mind of my Grandad who cared about what he built for us, even though we were "just kids." -Steve