PDA

View Full Version : A3-31 fence question

Jim Chandler
04-01-2011, 9:00 AM
I just recently received my new A3-31 and am in the process of getting it all set up. As has been mentioned in past threads the manual is not the best I've read.
I have the fence installed but am curious if I am missing something or overthinking. The only fence adjusment is that net and the essentric. So do you just loosen it off and then square the fence to the table tighten the handle and then turn the essentric till it touches and tighten it up? I tried quickly just trying to turn the essentric and tightening the nut with poor results. For some reason I thought there was a positive stop at 45 too??

Any thoughts are appericated.

C Scott McDonald
04-02-2011, 2:02 AM
Jim, try asking in the Felder owners group at yahoo groups or just call Felder and ask for a service tech. Their service after sale is excellent and they will take care of you.

Jamie Buxton
04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I have the older-generation A3-31, and I think your new machine has a different fence. But mine does not have a separate stop for 45 degrees, and the adjustment process for 90 degrees is like you describe.

Jeff Monson
04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Jim, my A3-31 is 2 years old, my fence does not have a stop for 45 degrees, it actually goes a little beyond 45. There is just a scribe line on the fence, and a sticker on the mount to line them up, nothing too exact. With my fence, I check it for 90 on occasion to make sure it has not moved. I have never used it for anything but 90 degree cuts, I think you will find the same after some time.

Tony Rodoracio
04-02-2011, 1:53 PM
I have the same model and it is less than a year old. It adjusts just as you described. Be sure to loosen the nut behind the screw and then make your adjustment.

Mark Carlson
04-02-2011, 2:03 PM
I just got mine too. Only has a stop at 90. Thats all I ever use. The models hammer just announced might have a 45 degree stop. My 90 degree stop was perfect when I got it.

I found other manuals online with more setup info.

http://www.felderusaonline.com/ultimate_guide/A331/A331%20Ultimate%20Guide%20Master.swf
~mark

Jim Chandler
04-02-2011, 4:41 PM
Thanks everyone I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something obvious. Kinda suprised there is no 45 degree positive stop but when I think about it I guess I never used the 45 on my last jointer so it's likley not a big issue.