PDA

View Full Version : Not finished yet - x-mas - Gun Cabinet

Greg Scott
01-28-2005, 3:47 PM
This is a gun cabinet I made for my son-in-law who is an avid hunter. Going to try to make him a case for his bow next year just need to come up with a design hmmmm. I didn't want the drawers to look different than the raised side panels so I made them to look like a raised panel as well. I know it's not standard but I kind of like the look. The lighting was done with a rope light, you can't see it very well here but it does have a nice effect when you are looking at it. The right side has 4 glass shelves for displaying pictures and such.

Greg

Jeff Sudmeier
01-28-2005, 5:05 PM
I LIKE IT! It is a non-standard design. but it really looks neat. I have saved it to my inspiration files.

John Miliunas
01-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Greg, I think that's really pretty trick! Really like the right side display area; Adds a real nice touch to it.:) And, I agree with Jeff...The drawers look just fine like that. Very nice job!:) :cool:

Randy Moore
01-29-2005, 7:10 AM
Greg,

If your S I L don't want that gun cabinet you can ship it to me. I like the way the drawers are, the display area on the side looks good and I simply like the everything about it. What kind of wood and finish?

Randy

Tony Falotico
01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Greg, Very Nice!! I like the shelves on the right, looks like the right door locks so it makes a nice place to display a handgun, black powder paraphernalia, or whatever. I also like the way you carried the arch across both doors. Nice design, nice execution.

Bill Arnold
01-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Greg,

Excellent work! I don't know anything about guns, but the cabinet looks great! As others have said, I like your treatment on the drawers. The arch on the doors is a terrifc touch.

Regards,

Greg Scott
01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Randy,
Thanks for the comments, the wood is red oak and the finish is a custom stain that I had Sherwin Williams make up for me. After is was stained I sprayed 4 coats of lacquer on it with my cheap Harbor Freight pressure feed spray gun, and it's smooth as glass.
Greg

Greg,

If your S I L don't want that gun cabinet you can ship it to me. I like the way the drawers are, the display area on the side looks good and I simply like the everything about it. What kind of wood and finish?

Randy