PDA

View Full Version : website pictures

tony mazzone
04-01-2011, 7:09 AM
I can't copy and past pictures off of a website and directly into corel draw. I can do it into photopaint and then put it into coreldraw. Is there a setting that I need to change?

Amy Shelton
04-01-2011, 7:16 AM
Try right-clicking the picture, then click Save Image As, or Save Picture As (it varies depending on the browser) to save it to your computer.
Some web sites have the ability to right-click disabled to prevent people from copying images.
And be aware that even though a picture is out there on the www, it may still be copyrighted.

Robert Walters
04-01-2011, 7:27 AM
Under XP and Corel 14...

I'm able to:
1) Copy and Paste
and
2) Drag and drop

an image from IE and FireFox directly to Corel.

Might mention what OS and Browser you're using.

John Noell
04-01-2011, 3:15 PM
It depends in part on the website programming (among other variables). However, no matter how "protected" an image is, try this: Make the image on the screen as big as possible, press Alt + the PrntScreen key. You now have a copy of the window on the clipboard. Go to Corel (or almost any other program) and you can paste the image. You probably will need to crop it, so you may want to start by pasting it into Photopaint or Photoshop.

Larry Bratton
04-01-2011, 4:17 PM
I have Vista, Firefox and X3. I cannot copy from a webpage and then paste into Corel Draw either. BUT, I can set Corel Capture to save to Draw and when I do that and capture the image from the webpage, it opens in Corel Draw with the image in the page. Hope this is helpful.

Doug Griffith
04-01-2011, 7:41 PM
It depends in part on the website programming (among other variables). However, no matter how "protected" an image is, try this: Make the image on the screen as big as possible, press Alt + the PrntScreen key. You now have a copy of the window on the clipboard. Go to Corel (or almost any other program) and you can paste the image. You probably will need to crop it, so you may want to start by pasting it into Photopaint or Photoshop.

If you go the route of a screen capture, I would keep the image displayed on screen at 100% it's placed size while capturing. Then res up if you need to in bitmap software such as Photoshop. Otherwise you are relying on your browser's interpolation to "scale up" the image and the results won't be as good. Most likely pixelated or fuzzy.

Chuck Stone
04-01-2011, 9:12 PM
I have Firefox and I use the TinEye plugin to find other websites that have the
same image. You can set it to search for the largest version of the image it
can find, which saves the interpolation step (unless that's how they got it to
be large in the first place..)