PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Jeff Myroup !!

Steve Schlumpf
03-31-2011, 4:52 PM
Just saw that Jeff won today's cover honors over on WOW! Does my heart good to see a fellow Creeker get the recognition! Well deserved Jeff! Congrats!

John Keeton
03-31-2011, 5:28 PM
Creeker's are the best!!! Congrats, Jeff, and I notice you received some very nice comments from a lot of talented folks! Good work, and glad you are amongst us!!

David DeCristoforo
03-31-2011, 5:37 PM
I have been looking at these plates for some time now but have not yet commented on them. For some reason I have not been able to put my feelings about them into words. I am not a "dog person" so I am not one to get excited about a dog portrait regardless of how well done it is. But there is an "otherworldly" quality to these plates that is almost unnerving. They are so realistic that they seem almost incongruous looking out from the background of a turned wood platter. There is no question about the artistry these pieces represent. They could be done on canvas as "photorealistic" paintings. The fact that Jeff is able to accomplish this level or realism with a wood burning pen is nothing short of astonishing.

Dick Wilson
03-31-2011, 6:13 PM
Just saw that Jeff won today's cover honors over on WOW! Does my heart good to see a fellow Creeker get the recognition! Well deserved Jeff! Congrats!

In the last few weeks the Creek has been well represented on WOW, with a three time winner and a couple of others. That says a lot about the caliber of turning talent on the Creek. That is why I am here.:D:D

Mark Hubl
03-31-2011, 6:24 PM
Congrats Jeff. Well deserved, your pyro rocks, along with your other skills. Nice work. Sadie will probably want a royalty now!

Bob Bergstrom
03-31-2011, 6:41 PM
Two Illiana Woodturners on the front page of WOW in 1 week and I get to see their gorgeous work before it hits the web. I do feel privileged. Great job Mark and Jeff.

Jim Burr
03-31-2011, 7:15 PM
Great work Jeff! Your famous again!!

Roger Chandler
03-31-2011, 7:23 PM
Congratulations Jeff! Your work is certainly first rate!

Jeff Myroup
03-31-2011, 7:55 PM
Thanks Everyone. I really appreciate it. I really don't know what else to say. Again thank you.

Jeff Myroup
03-31-2011, 7:57 PM
I have been looking at these plates for some time now but have not yet commented on them. For some reason I have not been able to put my feelings about them into words. I am not a "dog person" so I am not one to get excited about a dog portrait regardless of how well done it is. But there is an "otherworldly" quality to these plates that is almost unnerving. They are so realistic that they seem almost incongruous looking out from the background of a turned wood platter. There is no question about the artistry these pieces represent. They could be done on canvas as "photorealistic" paintings. The fact that Jeff is able to accomplish this level or realism with a wood burning pen is nothing short of astonishing.

David, like I said on WoW, I think this is the best compliment I have received. Thank you

Tim Thiebaut
03-31-2011, 8:39 PM
Congrats Jeff! I am never able to find the cover, do you have to log in over there to view it? Or can someone point me to a link to view the cover? Thanks, Tim

John Keeton
03-31-2011, 9:11 PM
Tim, I sent you an email.

Baxter Smith
03-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Congrats Jeff! Exceptional work!

Jeff Myroup
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Congrats Jeff! Exceptional work!

Thank you Baxter.

Doug W Swanson
04-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Jeff,
This is a well deserved honor. Even my wife (who doesn't get excited about most of the things I show her on SMC) LOVED your Sadie plate. She couldn't believe it was done by hand....

Well deserved!

David E Keller
04-01-2011, 3:29 AM
Congratulations, Jeff! The level of talent it takes to do what you do continues to inspire me.

Jeff Myroup
04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Jeff,
This is a well deserved honor. Even my wife (who doesn't get excited about most of the things I show her on SMC) LOVED your Sadie plate. She couldn't believe it was done by hand....

Well deserved!

Thank you Doug, and please thank your wife for me.

Jeff Myroup
04-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Congratulations, Jeff! The level of talent it takes to do what you do continues to inspire me.

Thank you David :o