PDA

View Full Version : Nook E-Reader engraving

Tom Sieczkarek
03-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Had a customer enquire about a engraving a Nook -E reader. Has anyone done one ?
I had the customer call the company for information on what its shell is made from and they told her the information not available to the public. I thought that was a bit strange.
I did a search and have seen some in plastic and some with a rubber (type) back but thats as far as I could get. I found they sell covers that can be engraved but have not seen the reader itself done. Just wondering for the future as I told her I can't do it without better information..

Neil Pabia
03-31-2011, 3:08 PM
The best thing to do may be to go buy one and try it. If there is enough future business to make it worthwhile, great, if not they are nice readers. You can refer them my way, I'll try anything once.....LOL

Tristan Ranatza
03-31-2011, 6:50 PM
I have tried to engrave into a few things that have the soft rubber type coating over hard plastic/aluminum and always found that if you make the marks to thin the rubber coating tends to "self heal" over your marks making them almost invisible. Also, for a few days the object in question stinks "very much badly", this is especially true if the object has been used. Probably has something to do with the oils that get in it from everyday handling.