PDA

View Full Version : pen for my dad...

Russell Eaton
03-31-2011, 7:44 AM
I started turning by doing pens. My dad served in the Air Force and was part of the Minute Man Missile system. He has always enjoyed the space program and keeps up with it all the time. This is a kit from Lazer Linez and is finished with CA glue. My dad loves the pen. I just had to see if I remembered how to make a pen:cool:! Thanks for looking. Russell

Jim Burr
03-31-2011, 9:25 AM
What a great gift and history Russell. You can bet he'll keep that pen with him always.

Mark Hubl
03-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Very cool pen. Bet you dad will treasure it.

Roland Martin
03-31-2011, 2:24 PM
Nice job on this pen, guess you haven't forgotten how to turn them. I'm sure your dad thinks very highly of it, and you for that matter:)

allen thunem
03-31-2011, 2:32 PM
on an unrelated issue
first of all stunning work
second of all
not being familiar at all with suppliers for laser cut pen parts
where would one find say a laser cut blank for the Masons or other special interest blanks
are these made to order from someone??

Steve Schlumpf
03-31-2011, 2:33 PM
Wow - very unique and very cool! Bet your Dad shows it off everywhere he goes! Nice work!

Donny Lawson
03-31-2011, 8:45 PM
I'll have to agree with Steve on this one. That is a very unique pen. Your Dad will be proud of that one. I know I would. Thanks for sharing..

Clint Baxter
03-31-2011, 9:01 PM
Nice job Russell on a sharp kit. I also worked on the Minute Man Missile system at Minot and had an Eaton working in my shop during the late 80s. Makes me curious if your dad is the same guy. As the others have said here earlier, looks like he got a winner of a pen from a winner of a son.

Clint

Allen Schrader
03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Great pen from a great son..
There is something special about a pen when it is made out of "the barn that my dad built" or "this is the home I grew up in" or "My wife and I planted that tree together" or "My son made this".
Again...Well Done

Les Elm
03-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Very nicely done Russell!
Your dad will be very proud and showing it off.

Les

Michael James
03-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Nice job and gesture. Dad's love that stuff.....!