PDA

View Full Version : Lidded box

Dennis Ford
03-30-2011, 10:39 PM
This is elm on the bottom, birch lid and the finial is Holly. The band of pyro is at the top of the elm. I tried using permanent markers to color the finial; dark on top fading to brown, it worked great until the lacquer hit it. The final effect was not planned but is interesting.

~7" dia. x 7" overall height.

Donny Lawson
03-31-2011, 6:45 AM
I really like the shape and design of the box.Were the feet hard to do? Looks great.

John Keeton
03-31-2011, 6:47 AM
Interesting pyro work, Dennis!! And, though not intended, interesting effect on the finial, too. I haven't tackled one of these carved foot bowls, but it appears you did a nice job with this one.

Roland Martin
03-31-2011, 7:34 AM
Kind of an Oriental feel to this bowl. Boy, you've been hard at it, Dennis. Thanks for sharing your nice work.

Mark Hubl
03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Very nice. I really like the form. The feet add lots of interest. Nice work on the pyro too.

Steve Schlumpf
03-31-2011, 8:57 PM
That's different! The form has a real organic feel to it! Don't know why - but first impression was that of the fable - the three little pigs! I have no idea what that means!

Nice work! Definitely different!

Baxter Smith
03-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Haven't tried the pyro yet though I have thought about something similar to your band. What did you use?