PDA

View Full Version : Illiana woodturners day at the wood dump

Jeff Myroup
03-30-2011, 7:45 PM
Bob Bergstrom, Gary and I spent the day at the wood dump. Got a pretty nice score of box elder, maple and ash. It was a really fun day, cutting wood and hanging out with good friends.

Bob Bergstrom
03-30-2011, 8:01 PM
Must have trying to beat me to post. We were at the dump not bump.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jeff Myroup
03-30-2011, 8:11 PM
HAHAHA good thing there is an edit button. I figured you needed a nap and would not post until later

Bob Bergstrom
03-30-2011, 8:21 PM
Got all the wood back in plastic bags and under the tarp on the trailer. Will start with the big ash first working my way to the others. Love turning those 20" plus bowls

Donny Lawson
03-30-2011, 8:21 PM
Extreamly nice haul. Looks like you have a honey hole. You will be turning into next year with all that. I like bowls made from Box Elder. It has some unreal colors in it.

Jack Gaskins
03-30-2011, 8:40 PM
Wish we had a wood dump down here in Indy!

Baxter Smith
03-30-2011, 9:33 PM
Nice pile of wood and a nice haul too!

Greg Bender
03-30-2011, 9:34 PM
Looks like you guys had a great day. I know I'm envious. Do you ship box elder out of state is the question. If your shipping,I'm buying. That is the nicest Box Elder I have ever seen. Is there alot of it in Ill or did you just luck out that day.
Take care,
Greg

Bob Bergstrom
03-30-2011, 10:00 PM
There was just one log and part of it was too punky. We buried a hatchet up to the handle without much effort, but the other half was pretty solid. With all that soft maple that was there, there probably some figured stuff somewhere in that pile but there was too much for one day.