PDA

View Full Version : Gloat with no pictures (pre- gloat?)

Marshall Harrison
01-28-2005, 1:18 PM
No pictures yet as it is still in the box but--

I just purchased the 2HP Harbor Freight dust collector for $159. The local store matched the internet price without hesitation saving me $70 plus shippping. I also bought the accessory toolkit so I have all of the hoses, collectors and stuff I need.

After leaving HF I went to the Woodcraft store and bought the garbage can lid seperator, some more hose and a floor sweep.

Everything I purchased today was on sale so I ended up saving about $90. The HF has gotten some good reviews and seems to be one of the better items HF sells. The bags aren't the greatest but I plan on adding a cannister filter to it in the near future. It seems like adding better bags is common for any dust collector. Besides, it is better than what I have now which is nothing.

Pictures will follow but it may take a while as I want tto document each step of the assembly with pics.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-28-2005, 2:14 PM
You will be happy with your HF dc. It is no cyclone for sure, but a neighbor had a jet 1.5 hp and my HF had just as much suction as his. The canister is on my list of upgrades as well.

Jeff

Jim Fancher
01-28-2005, 2:18 PM
I picked up the same DC a couple of weeks ago locally. The person got it two years ago and never put it together. I got a great deal on it. I'll be putting a Wynn filter on mine too. It'll be featured on the new site that I'm working on.

You might want to consider a remote switch later on. I've heard of a few switches going bad.

Maurice Ungaro
01-28-2005, 2:56 PM
Is a gloat a gloat, if no picture backs it up? That's like: If a man is talking, and a woman is not present to hear him, is he still lying?

Maurice

Marshall Harrison
01-28-2005, 3:52 PM
Maurice - notice I questioned it and referred to it as a pre-gloat also. I think that if a gloat has no pictures then it is still a gloat unless someone complains. :D Let's see now......I think I have a copy of the rules rules around here somewhere under all this sawdust. :confused:

Jerry Olexa
01-30-2005, 12:27 AM
That's a decent DC, Get yourself quickly a Wynn cannister. Those bags are not very good on the HFDC. I know several WWers who are very happy with your DC.