PDA

View Full Version : MS Word and Corel X3 issues

greg lindsey
03-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Can anyone give me any insite as to what is happening to this drawing, hopefully you see it as I do when opening in to corel. To me it is no loger any kind of font/ lettering, but just a bunch of lines resembeling letters. Is there a fix. Thank as always for any help.

Robert Walters
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM
I see the lines as well in X4.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2i6oy1x.jpg

I can see in the corner it was a DWG file originally.

What/how did you import it?
You mentioned MS-Word, what significance does that have?
Can you post the original CAD file by chance?

greg lindsey
03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Robert, this was sent to me in MS word, it is a set of spec sheet drawings, normally I copy and paste into Corel , then convert to AI so I can manipulate it, ie, take out the border and such.

Robert Walters
03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Robert, this was sent to me in MS word...

I would request the original CAD file, corel can import DXF/DWG files.
Or at least a PDF created from the original CAD file (not exported from Word), so you won't have any font issues.

Mike Null
03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Greg

Here it is in Version 11. I opened it in X5.

Oops, the file was too big. Send your email and I'll send it to you.

Bill Cunningham
03-31-2011, 9:41 PM
On my artwork specification page I have the notice "Please don't send us .doc files, we don't use them for anything". I usually only get them from office workers that don't know any better. A 'word' file is like a box of chocolates:p You never really know for sure what your going to get when you try to import them. Text is usually ok if you have the same fonts on your system but for some reason, instead of just sending me a simple graphic file, they want to stuff it in a stupid doc file..