PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

David Takes
01-28-2005, 8:43 AM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and I would like to introduce myself. I am the owner of Expressions Engraved, a gift award and recognition business located in St. Joseph, Missouri. We are just entering our fifth year of business. The services we offer are laser engraving, computerized mechanical engraving, sandcarving, and laser sublimation. (Beginning to sound like a resume.) :D We operate out of 1,600 square foot retail shop.

I am also an assistant moderator of an engraving forum. From that, I have gained so much valuable knowledge from others just like yourselves. I have joined you all here in hopes that I am exposing myself to even more knowledge. From what I have read so far, that certainly appears to be the case.

I look forward to sharing when I can.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-28-2005, 9:31 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek David! Lots of neat people here from beginners to pros always willing to exchange ideas and opinions. Take and leave info as you deem necessary!

Ted Shrader
01-28-2005, 9:39 AM
Hi David -

Welcome to the Creek. A friendly bunch of folks with a great deal of knowledge. Based on your "resume" :), sounds like you will be able to contribute quite a bit.

Don't forget to check out the other forums here, too.

Ted

Mark Singer
01-28-2005, 9:50 AM
These guys here are mostly very nice and the others are great! I wwon't say who is who...but you can't go wrong! Welcome.!!!! We even talk about woodworking and dogs...;)

Gary Shoemake
01-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Dave

Welcome to the Creek. I have followed the conversations on the other forum of which I too am a member. There is a lot of great info here, jump in the waters fine.

Gary

David Takes
01-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Gary,

I recognized your presence, as well as many other familiar names. I knew from that that this was a good place to be.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, and Mark S., I am glad there have been discussions about dogs, but hopefully not about laser engraving them. :-)

Rodne Gold
01-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Welcome aboard , I run a sort of similar setup to you , similar equipment etc , http://www.tokerbros.co.za

Would love to see your engraving forum , URL please?
Regards

David Takes
01-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Rodney,

Although we have never posted to each other, I have read many of your posts. You may be familiar with the Engraving Etc. forum. It is another great group of folks. It used to be one of the Delphi forums until they got a little carried away with their restrictions and control. Engraving Etc. now has a home of its own. You can check out the forum at http://www.engravingetc.org/forum/.

Kevin Huffman
01-28-2005, 3:31 PM
Hello David,
Welcome to the creek, the water is great and the information is better.

I to go to that forum alot, but I like SMC a little bit better.
I have a heavy background in vinyl cutters so I catch myself spending a lot of time in that part of it.

Again Welcome.