PDA

View Full Version : I think i found the weak link in my g0555

chris toomey
01-28-2005, 7:17 AM
resawing a bunch of wood for boxes. thought i'd try my 3/4 inch 3tpi blade that i've never tried. why? i have no idea. i've always had luck with my 1/2 inch blades. just to see how it woulg go i guess. so i put the blade on...crank up the tension about as much as i can....did some sawing....worked great. ...detension and go to bed. this morning i can't apply tension....what the. I bent the tension arm thingy. guess i have to call grizzly this am. obviously i pushed it, the arm looks like a cheap stamped metal piece. inadequate cause it bears all the pressure of tensioning. wonder if i could have someone make me a more substantial piece?

Doug Shepard
01-28-2005, 7:46 AM
wonder if i could have someone make me a more substantial piece?
I'd try calling Iturra at 888-722-7078. I'm not even sure if they have a website and if they did, I dont think I'm supposed to insert the link to it anyway. Most of their aftermarket stuff is for either Jet or Delta bandsaws, but if anybody already had a more substantial part I would think it would be them. With so many of the bandsaws being made in the same few factories in Asia, maybe one of their Jet/Delta parts would be a direct fit.

chris toomey
01-28-2005, 7:49 AM
doug,
that is a good idea....

chris toomey
01-28-2005, 1:20 PM
grizzly was very helpful and parts are on the way.