PDA

View Full Version : New combo from Minimax

Paul Di Biasio
01-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw this while browsing their website. I'm not sure whether or not its coming to the US but it looks pretty cool to me.

10" Tablesaw w/ slider
10.25" Jointer / Planer
Shaper
Mortiser

The table and stoke on the slider is 40+ inches

http://www.scmgroup.com/private/bin/articolo/catalogo;jsessionid=BBHEAMAJLBCD?categoria=04&codice=C+26&locale=en&marchioId=MINIMAX&subcategoria=154

Bruce Page
01-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Paul, that is a sweet machine! Their website says that Americhe is on the distribution list. (I’m assuming that someone at Mini-Max isn’t such a great speller) :rolleyes:

Paul Di Biasio
01-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I found this real interesting...

The lower section of the machine base separates from the upper section making the machine easy to be moved between different working sites. The C26 is therefore the ideal solution for the professional woodworker who travels around from site to site.

William Lai
01-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Given that alot of people go for the combo machines based on limited workspace, this is a good move for MM! And I would hope it's cheaper too!

Jim Becker
01-28-2005, 8:55 AM
The Mini Max machines available in the US are listed on the Mini Max USA site (http://www.minimax-usa.com/machines.html). There are a number of SCM machines that are not imported, including this one. You could inquire to see if they can get it, but there is that little thing about parts availability, etc.

That said, it is a cute machine, especially for someone who is very space constrained and doesn't need to process large hunks of plywood. The quality is undoubtedly top notch, too...

Nick Mitchell
01-28-2005, 9:35 AM
How would you rip a wide board or sheet on that thing?! Rip capacity looks like 12" without taking off the jointer fence. Too much bother imo.

Tom LaRussa
01-28-2005, 9:58 AM
How would you rip a wide board or sheet on that thing?! Rip capacity looks like 12" without taking off the jointer fence. Too much bother imo.
Says rip capacity is 500mm, which, I think, translates to about 20."

Dan Stuewe
01-28-2005, 1:58 PM
That looks like just the ticket for me! Maybe in five or six years it will be readily available and I'll be able to finally upgrade!

Charles McKinley
01-28-2005, 6:27 PM
If you do the math the blade is smaller than 10". It comes out to 9.84." You may not be able to use standard American blades on it. What is the arbor size? Is it set up for a dado stack? Some are not.

Just a coulple of observations.

Jim Becker
01-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Is it set up for a dado stack? Some are not.
Euro machines, as a rule, are not compatible with dado blade...they are not allowed in Europe by their equivalent of OSHA. Mini Max USA did have certain machines that are for US-use only configured so they can take a dado blade as an option. The upside is you can use a dado blade. The downside is that the regular blade is about 3/4" away from the slider, rather than right up against it as it is in the "Euro" configuration.

So to your specific question...the machine pictured would likely not accomodate a dado blade.