PDA

View Full Version : Humidor supplies?

Fred Voorhees
03-28-2011, 8:19 PM
I have one or two people who want me to build them humidors. I had thought that I had seen the certain particular items that would be needed to build a humidor in Rocklers catalog, but I could not find them in there. I know I had seen the items in some catalog in the past. Can anyone fill me in on where I might find them? Would appreciate it very much!

Charles McKinley
03-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Contact your local cigar shop. They can probably tell you where you can buy the needed hardware.

Darrin Vanden Bosch
03-29-2011, 9:42 AM
Woodworkers supply has them I believe, box hinges, quadrante hinges, hygrometers and humidifiers. A cigar shop will have the last two, but not the hinges or the spanish cedar.
I think Woodcraft also carries them but they would be more expensive.

Joe Angrisani
03-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I would suggest eBay for the hygrometer and the humidifiers if a local source is tough.

Do an eBay search for "digital humidor" and you'll see lots of hygrometers. I have one of the flat card types you'll see, and it's worked fine and accurately for at least 10 years (with a battery change). It can just lay in with the cigars as I do, or you could make a frame for it on the bottom of the lid.

For the humidifier I strongly recommend the type with the "gel" or "crystal" type filler (as opposed to the type with the green foam inside). The gel looks like 1/4"-3/8" fragments of glass when wet. Also plenty on theBay. Do an eBay search for "crystal humidor" and/or "gel humidor" and get one of the jar types or the rectangular types. That flat rectangle or two can go under the lid. The jars and bigger rectangles can sit in the bottom, or you could make a perforated "corral" for it in the bottom.

Chris Fournier
03-29-2011, 4:24 PM
I'd agree with Joe about the gel humidifiers for desk top sized humdors - best I've tried! I like Brusso quadrant hinges on humdors, you can buy direct.

I just got back from the "forbidden island" with a few more boxes in tow. Can't sleep well when the stock pile is low!