PDA

View Full Version : Ordered the Laguna 14 SUV

Paul Zonneveld
03-28-2011, 2:29 PM
Ok so I revised my earlier post on "bandsaw trigger pull". I have the Laguna 14 SUV on order and now I have a question I am sure many have asked in the past. Blades. Anyone have this saw and could recommend a resaw blade for it? This saw will be dedicated to re-sawing for the most part. I have a friend who uses the Lennox blade and swears by it. I will likely go for a 3/4 to 1" blade on the saw but would like input from this group.

Hugh MacDonald
03-28-2011, 6:30 PM
I know the Laguna Resaw King is well liked by many. It's quite pricey, but Laguna would or should be disposed to give you a deal on one as you just made a large purchase from them. Don't know from experience, but it's supposed to be very good. I recently bought the Hammer N4400, and a Lennox is on the way, and I can let you know how it is when it arrives.

Paul Zonneveld
03-28-2011, 6:51 PM
would appreciate any real world input you may have Hugh.

Mike Tekin
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Paul,

I just took delivery of the LT 18 3000 last week. I dealt with an awesome sales rep, not the guy who is on here, but someone else. The resaw king blade is a great blade, however, its pricey, buy as Hugh mentioned, they gave me a really good deal on it and included other blades.

Before this saw, I used the Woodslicer from Highland hardware and loved that blade.

Josh Bowman
04-01-2011, 6:39 AM
I have the SUV and really love it. I also have the resaw king blade and a few other of their blades. I for one do not like the resaw king. I feel that it takes too much pressure to push something into the blade, which is dangerous. I mentioned this to them and they sent me another. I don't see much difference between the first and second blades. They should give you a bargain though, if not give you one if you ask on the resaw king. I've been using their 3/8" blade to resaw, it does some better, but I'm keeping my eye out for another brand. The problem is the 14 SUV uses an odd ball 125" that other manufacturers do not make. I've been meaning to see if the saw will crank down to 124"'s which I've seen premade timber wolf blades.