PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with font in Corel

Andrea Weissenseel
03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a problem with the font "Freebooter" in Corel 11 - in every other program the font is working finde, but in Corel it does not show the letters. If I use the option "Insert signs" from the Text menu, it also does not show any letters. The font is in the font list to select, all other font give me preview of the text in the font selected but not this one it's just empty.

Deinstalled the font and installed it new 3 times, no change. Did anyone else experience a problem like that in Corel ?

Thanks, Andrea

Mike Null
03-28-2011, 1:23 PM
What type of font is it?

For example if it's a type 1 font you must have type one fonts selected for it to be shown.

Andrea Weissenseel
03-28-2011, 3:26 PM
Mike, it's a True Type. It shows in the list and I can select it, just can't see any letters

Mike Null
03-28-2011, 3:45 PM
Can you see anything in wireframe view. Did you check to see if it's filled? Now and then I come across one that isn't filled for some reason.

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I have seen this problem when either the font file is partially corrupted or the font designer did not validate everything was okay before it was released to the public. You can still use the font, but quirky things will happen such as it not displaying in the corel preview or when it is converted to curves, various different characters will always distort.

Sometimes you can easily see the problem outside of Corel. If you double-click the font file to open a window displaying the font sample, you might not see any of the capital letters in the alphabet list, yet they will show up in the pangram below the lower case alphabet & number lists.

Try downloading a new copy of Freebooter from dafont.com or another font site and see if that solves your problem.

Mark Sipes
03-29-2011, 6:55 PM
Strange. Very Strange.... Downloaded Freebooter Script and Alt font off the web.... Two different sites. Installed fonts and opened Corel 9. Both fonts were not visible in font selector or as font replacement. Using XP operating system.

Used my other copy of Corel 9 on my Windows 98SE system... All is well Script font is visible and prints fine.

Must be something in the program (TTF) that requires DOS...??? got me..

Mark

Andrea Weissenseel
03-31-2011, 2:09 AM
Also downloaded it from different sites. I also operate on XP, but I think it's a Corel problem because it works in Photoshop and other programs. So I worked around the problem and just used Xara for this job.