PDA

View Full Version : Accepted to Medical School Today

Wayne Hendrix
03-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I figure since other people post up when they retire I can post up when I start a new career. I was accepted to University of Utah Medical School this morning.

me today --->:D:D:D

Andrew Kertesz
03-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Congratulations on the acceptance and the new career direction!!! Bravo:D:D:D:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
A big congratulations!

Now the hard work and huge loans begin unless you are independently wealthy!

Good luck!

Brian Vaughn
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Way to go! Now make sure you stay EXTRA careful around those machines which can severly limit dexterity if given the chance ;)

Dan Hintz
03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
I am NOT getting my healthcare through a doctor with only 7 fingers ;)

Steve Schlumpf
03-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Wayne - CONGRATS!!! That is a major gloat! Wishing you the very best!!!

Mike Henderson
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Congratulations - that's wonderful news. Be prepared to live without a lot of sleep for quite a few years.

Mike

Charlie Reals
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Congrats Wayne, Your time for wood working is gonna be rare for a long while. You stay away from the chain saws lol
Charlie

Keith Outten
03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I have to add my congratulations as well Wayne and I hope you will invite all of us to your graduation :)

Bruce Page
03-28-2011, 1:25 PM
Congratulations Wayne, that is way cool!

Michael Weber
03-28-2011, 4:15 PM
Yes, a big congratulations. I'm assuming you won't be posting much on the Creek for a while.

Paul McGaha
03-28-2011, 6:02 PM
Congratulations Wayne.

I hope you do great at it.

PHM

Greg Peterson
03-28-2011, 9:25 PM
I am NOT getting my healthcare through a doctor with only 7 fingers ;)

Unless he is a proctologist!

Congrats Wayne. Keep up the hard work and dedication.

Ron Jones near Indy
03-28-2011, 9:33 PM
Congratulations Wayne! My niece is in her last year of residency so I have an idea of what lies ahead. I wish you the best of luck!

Phil Thien
03-28-2011, 9:36 PM
Congrats!

We have quite a few MD's here, don't we?

One more can never hurt!

Charles McKinley
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Good luck,work hard and barrow as little as possible! Student loans suck.

Abi Parris
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Woo Hoo Wayne!! Okay. Break's over. Get to studying! :)

Wayne Hendrix
03-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. The whole day has kind of been a blur. As far as the fingers some surgeons who have lost fingers have actually reported that they felt like they could work better after losing one or more fingers, saying that they found the smaller hand to be advantageous. I know I am in for a few busy years, fortunately I have taken many of the more difficult first year classes such as Biochemistry, Physiology and Histology so those should essentially be a review and I currently teach college Anatomy labs so the class that is widely reported as being the most difficult should be a breeze. I know that the first years will still not be easy but I am hoping that I am well prepared for them. And regarding woodworking its my stress reliever so I doubt I will spend much less time on it than I do now, and considering I am currently working six 10 hour days, I may actually spend more time in the shop.

Jerome Hanby
03-29-2011, 7:47 AM
I was accepted by a medical school...until, pictures to the contrary, it turned out I wasn't actually a cadaver.

Belinda Barfield
03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Congrats Wayne! Sounds like school should be a breeze for you. The internship and residency are when the fun and long hours really begin!

ray hampton
03-29-2011, 12:26 PM
I was accepted by a medical school...until, pictures to the contrary, it turned out I wasn't actually a cadaver.
NO pictures , never happen
congrats on your stay at medical school

John A. Scott
03-29-2011, 9:17 PM
Congratulations! One word of advice from someone that was in your shoes a number of years ago: Ophthalmology

Rick Thom
03-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Wayne.
As a parent I feel your (parent's) pain too. My daughter just received her acceptance to PhD program. She has 7 years in university now and this will add another 4.
Debt free so far.. Thank God for scholarships, along with the many other gifts bestowed on her.

Wayne Hendrix
03-30-2011, 1:36 AM
Congratulations! One word of advice from someone that was in your shoes a number of years ago: Ophthalmology

I am really trying to keep an open mind about specialties but my personality and previous experiences have me leaning towards Emergency Medicine and General or Trauma Surgery.

Congratulations Wayne.
As a parent I feel your (parent's) pain too. My daughter just received her acceptance to PhD program. She has 7 years in university now and this will add another 4.
Debt free so far.. Thank God for scholarships, along with the many other gifts bestowed on her.

Fortunately for my parents I am 36 and have been married for 10 years, so lately it has been more of me helping them than the other way around. Although I am not looking forward to the debt either way. I am in the military and will be talking to them about options to pay for school.

ray hampton
03-30-2011, 10:24 AM
spent as much time as you can with your family now, later you will not have any time for anything except work

Bill Cunningham
03-31-2011, 10:59 PM
How soon do you get a prescription pad?:D:rolleyes: