PDA

View Full Version : Little Routers

Dar Lounsbury
03-27-2011, 8:42 PM
Anyone have one of the new little plunge routers from DeWalt or PC? How well do you like them?

Dar

pat warner
03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Worthy of a shot (http://patwarner.com/dw611.html).

Bruce Wrenn
03-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Yesterday at the Woodworking Show, I handled a DeWalt plunge base model. To say there was SLOP in the plunge would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! I thought I wanted one, but no more

Bill Huber
03-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Yesterday at the Woodworking Show, I handled a DeWalt plunge base model. To say there was SLOP in the plunge would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! I thought I wanted one, but no more

What type of slop was there, I don't see any slop in mine.

Bill Huber
03-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Anyone have one of the new little plunge routers from DeWalt or PC? How well do you like them?

Dar

I really like mine, I think its a great little router, I have used it on a few projects and it has work out very well on every one of them.
Here is a write up I did when I first got it.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?153632-Dewalts-new-baby-the-611-head-to-head-with-a-Bosch-Colt&highlight=Dewalt%27s

Jim Rimmer
03-28-2011, 1:27 PM
I really like mine, I think its a great little router, I have used it on a few projects and it has work out very well on every one of them.
Here is a write up I did when I first got it.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?153632-Dewalts-new-baby-the-611-head-to-head-with-a-Bosch-Colt&highlight=Dewalt%27s

+1 on the DW with plunge base. I've not seen any slop in mine. I had the Bosch Colt and bought the DW based on Bill's review and have not regretted the purchase.

Mike Ruggeri
03-28-2011, 1:49 PM
I picked up the Dewalt about a month ago. I haven't used it extensively yet, but so far really I like it. I needed a small router for times when I didn't need the size/weight of my big router and this seems to fill that need perfectly. I wish it could take 1/2 inch shank bits as that's what most of my router bits are and now I find myself buying duplicates for the small router (guess not a bad thing in the end).

Joe Cowan
03-28-2011, 3:20 PM
I have had my DeWalt for about a month and have used it to learn how to do inlay work. It is a great addition to my workshop. I did not have any slop.

Victor Robinson
03-28-2011, 3:37 PM
Price on Amazon on the DW plunge kit has been falling as well - if you watch the price you can get it around $170-$175.

Bruce Wrenn
03-28-2011, 10:26 PM
What type of slop was there, I don't see any slop in mine.The one I handled could be used as a mini domino. The plunge bushings were a terrible fit, way oversized for plunge rods.

mickey cassiba
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I played with one of the DeWalts when they came out. Just a little too big for my stubby little fingers. I'll stick with my PC 310...sure would like to find/make a plunge base for that one.

Steven J Corpstein
03-29-2011, 6:19 PM
I played with one of the DeWalts when they came out. Just a little too big for my stubby little fingers. I'll stick with my PC 310...sure would like to find/make a plunge base for that one.

Have you seen the plunge base that Micro Fence sells for a PC310? Pricey but flawlessly built.

Jim Rimmer
03-29-2011, 8:56 PM

Are you talking about the DW611? They are pretty small. I have small hands (not stubby fingers, though :D) and it's easy for me to handle.

Matt Lau
03-30-2011, 4:53 PM
Any thoughts on the small festool router?

mickey cassiba
03-30-2011, 7:34 PM
Have you seen the plunge base that Micro Fence sells for a PC310? Pricey but flawlessly built.
No I haven't...but I will definitely be looking, thanks Steven!
Wow just looked, pricey indeed! It is sort of cool though. lights, bells and whistles!