PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Trigger Pull

Paul Zonneveld
03-27-2011, 7:50 PM
Well just pulled the trigger on the Laguna 14 SUV. Done a lot of reading and based on the model I saw it just looks good. It has plenty of re-saw height and in the demo I saw seemed to cut through just about anything. I was also swayed to some degree by the recent review in Wood magazine as well.

It will be set up to just do re-sawing and I cant wait to get it into the shop. Got a call from Laguna on Friday and they have a shipment coming in. Apparently this saw has been really popular and so they have sold out. Now I just have to somehow be patient for 3-4 weeks.:D

Dan Friedrichs
03-27-2011, 7:55 PM
You'll enjoy that saw a lot! I have the older 14SE, and it's great - I think the improvements they made to the 14SUV will make it even more enjoyable.

Let me recommend that you get a Woodslicer (or the Iturra Design equivalent, the Bladerunner) blade for it - great for resaw if you aren't ready to spring for the carbide-tipped ones, yet.

Scott Vigder
03-27-2011, 7:56 PM
Wow, I saw the thread title and thought you has invented some cool new magnetic switch for band saws...

Paul Zonneveld
03-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah I know. Now that a read it I would have had the same thought.

Peter Quinn
03-28-2011, 6:25 AM
Wow, I saw the thread title and thought you has invented some cool new magnetic switch for band saws...
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I've seen a lot of people referring to "pulling the trigger" relative to new tool purchases lately, and specifically regarding BS"s. I'm pretty sure my BS has a magnetic switch, not a trigger. Maybe mine is an older model? It does have a foot brake that sort of resembles a trigger but pulling it does not get things started. I do have a few toosl with triggers, but I prefer to "squeeze" these rather than pull them for accuracy.