PDA

View Full Version : Japanese finger files

Pam Niedermayer
03-27-2011, 7:05 PM
Anybody ever used these files from LV (http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,42524&p=67195)? Are they double sided?

Thanks,
Pam

george wilson
03-27-2011, 7:29 PM
Safe cut means 1 side is cut and the other is smooth so you don't file a surface you don't want to. And safe edge file has a blank edge or side that you place against a surface you don't want to scratch up.

Pam Niedermayer
03-27-2011, 9:56 PM
Safe cut means 1 side is cut and the other is smooth so you don't file a surface you don't want to. And safe edge file has a blank edge or side that you place against a surface you don't want to scratch up.

Thanks, George, I assumed "safe" meant the edges only. My bad; however the LV catalog says "safe edges."

Pam

george wilson
03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
It should say safe sides,since it is the 1 whole side,and not the very acute knife edges that are left blank of teeth.(That sounds funny!)

Pam Niedermayer
03-28-2011, 2:18 AM
It should say safe sides,since it is the 1 whole side,and not the very acute knife edges that are left blank of teeth.(That sounds funny!)

I went ahead and ordered the set, we'll see later this week. What you said does sound funny, but understandable after a pause for translation. :)

Pam

george wilson
03-28-2011, 9:14 AM
I'm pretty sick right now,and haven't the patience to re write stuff.

Pam Niedermayer
03-28-2011, 7:17 PM
I'm pretty sick right now,and haven't the patience to re write stuff.

Real sorry you're sick; but I didn't ask you to rewrite, don't need it.

Pam