PDA

View Full Version : A HF gloat! Really! I swear! And amazing customer service to boot

shane lyall
03-27-2011, 12:56 AM
I had trouble returning some clamps that were a gift. I sent an e-mail to customer service and there store manager called me today to make things right. Long story short there gona take back the clamps for a $60 store credit, honor a $139 2hp dust collector coupon (from a fellow SMC member, thanks again Cary) and give me an additonal 20% off! I will be at about $50-$60 out of pocket for the 2hp that's on sale now for $189. It's on hold for me at the store and I'm picking it up in the A.M. I'll get my "you suck" pictures posted as soon as I get it set up with a seperator. Anyone used the lid from HF or did you make the thien version?

FWIW, the people in HF customer service center have been great to deal with.

We all go in for a few gems at a cheap price but customer service like that is what keeps me coming back.

Van Huskey
03-27-2011, 1:10 AM
Good to hear. Our local HF managers seem to understand the nature of their products and fully understand that a higher than most retail outlets amount of merchandise will walk back into the store and deal with customers accordingly. The funny thing is I have rarely been unhappy with my HF purchases, I closely evaluate the product in the store and have yet to be disappointed when I got home, partly because of my low expectations inline with the prices.

shane lyall
03-27-2011, 3:12 AM
I like most of my HF stuff as well. LOML bought me some clamps because I said "You never can have too many" but she got the quick grips instead of the Jorgenson clones. Gota love a woman that will buy you ww toys just because she thinks you want it! I've already got 50 or more clamps so I'll cash these in and apply it to the dc price. I have returned a few things and without any trouble until this time. At any rate, they're making it right.

Cary Falk
03-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm glad you got the coupon. When I saw the address I was kind of doubtful it would get there. How many people give you a funny look when you give them your address?:D

Bill White
03-27-2011, 1:02 PM
Get good bags for the HF DC. I got mine from Highland Woodworking. They are the felted type. I do not use a separator in my shop.
Bill

keith ouellette
03-27-2011, 3:32 PM
I have the HF 2hp dust collector. So far it works like a champ even on long runs. The bag is no good. Luckily I have mine out back in a DC closet I made. the whole place is cacked with dust.
If you are putting yours in your shop you should get a different filter or bag.