PDA

View Full Version : had a beer on my art..

lucas kreft
03-26-2011, 9:19 PM
I was doing some renovations for a hot yoga place downtown and I wanted to show my new boss some of my art work I did a few years back.
We had a beer on my art. He was impressed.

Frank Corker
03-27-2011, 8:04 AM
I think that's a great idea for a bar top and a great way for people to see your stuff. Well done.

Dee Gallo
03-27-2011, 9:44 AM
That's quite a unique countertop, Lucas, well done indeed! But how do they keep the dirt out of the engravings? Is it coated or sealed with something like epoxy coating?

lucas kreft
03-27-2011, 3:32 PM
I rubbed special white oil paint to pop the colour more, then I used a sealant.
I am not really fan of sealant over the paint because if it ever fades you cant repaint. I like to apply the oil paint yearly, but can't in this case. Still looks great 3 years later.

Dee Gallo
03-27-2011, 4:58 PM
Okay, please be more specific - which sealant? We all know that a bar countertop will be subjected to a lot of water, alcohol and rubbing - what is sealing the (granite)(marble) countertop? I'm thinking you used granite, as it is more durable, but you have mentioned you like to work on marble...which is it?

Also, I'm thinking this is a great way to make a tabletop with smaller tiles, using a clear glass cover. Could be cool with wood too, now that I think of it..

cheers, dee

lucas kreft
03-28-2011, 5:24 PM
i got a granite sealer at home depot. i forget what it was called but this is the process.
http://www.wikihow.com/Seal-Granite-Countertops