PDA

View Full Version : New jet band saw, edge sander and other stuff gloat. I'm keeping this stuff!

keith ouellette
03-26-2011, 7:08 PM
Well I bought a bunch of stuff I just couldn't resist.

the band saw was not the one with the triangular spine but when I looked it over I couldn't figure out what kind of problem I would have with it so I bought it for $450. It came with 3 blades. Has a 3 hp motor and looks like new. its model jwbs 18x-3. The only scratches or scuffs were ones I created when I moved it. And its heavy!

The edge sander is a jet oes 80cs oscillating. It was made in 2007 and if I dusted it off it could go back on the show room floor. Even has a really nice storage cabinet for sand paper and a table at the end so it works a a large drum sander also. I can't wait to sand something. It was $450 also.

The other items were ::
a dw682 plate joiner (The porter cable I have stinks so I'm glad I got this) with to bottles of biscuits for $45

A porter cable 4210 12" dove tail machine for $50

A frued ft 2000E 3-1/4 hp plunge router with a set of template guides for $75. (I didn't really need this but couldn't pass it up at that price)

Bill Bukovec
03-26-2011, 7:46 PM
Nice price on the bandsaw.

I would have paid double.

Enjoy your new treasures.

Bill

Van Huskey
03-26-2011, 7:59 PM
You did very very well!!! Give us a review on the sander and bandsaw when you have used them and get a chance!

keith ouellette
03-26-2011, 7:59 PM
Nice price on the bandsaw.

I would have paid double.

Enjoy your new treasures.

Bill

Thanks. I would have paid close to double also but then I wouldn't have been able to get the sander so I'm glad the guy was in a hurry to sell. I didn't even know he -3 in the model number meant 3hp till after I got home and took pictures.

Van Huskey
03-26-2011, 8:13 PM
Thanks. I would have paid close to double also but then I wouldn't have been able to get the sander so I'm glad the guy was in a hurry to sell. I didn't even know he -3 in the model number meant 3hp till after I got home and took pictures.

I thought I mentioned yesterday that one had the 3hp motor, maybe I was too caught up in whether it was a new or old version. The 3hp motor is indeed nice and meets my personal desire for 1hp per 4 inches of resaw, with the correct blade there isn't anything it shouldn't be able to resaw at a good clip up to it capacity.

glenn bradley
03-26-2011, 8:15 PM
Smokin deal.

keith ouellette
03-27-2011, 3:28 PM
I thought I mentioned yesterday that one had the 3hp motor, maybe I was too caught up in whether it was a new or old version. The 3hp motor is indeed nice and meets my personal desire for 1hp per 4 inches of resaw, with the correct blade there isn't anything it shouldn't be able to resaw at a good clip up to it capacity.

I have yet to hook it up here at home. I have to change an outlet for the 220 plug thats on it. The owner said he hadn't done any re sawing on it. It came with a 3/4 " ,1/4" and a very thin blade. I have to build an entertainment center now so I won't really need it yet but have some 2" oak I want to re saw.

I plan on using the edge sander very soon on my next project.

For the time being I just love having these two hunks of iron in my shop. If they work as well as my 3hp jet table saw I'll be very happy.