PDA

View Full Version : A Really COOL Gloat! (not wood)

Kathy Marshall
03-26-2011, 5:04 PM
Just got off the phone with my sister. She wanted to know if I had a/c in my shop (trailer), nope and it gets a tad warm in there in the summer ( I've measured it at 112° inside while I was turning) she said the big blue store had some on clearance and if I wanted she would buy one for me! She knows I'm umm financially challenged and wouldn't buy one for myself (I'd rather turn in the heat and save the money for tools :D . So she picked one up for me and will bring it by this week. Yayyyyy!

Jim Burr
03-26-2011, 5:29 PM
Cool!!...Really! Our weather is about the same and I'd melt if not for mine, your gonna love it!

Nate Davey
03-26-2011, 5:35 PM
While my shop is not in a trailer, it is in my garage which gets beastly in the summer. I am envious.

David E Keller
03-26-2011, 7:09 PM
This summer will be my first with AC, and I'm really looking forward to it. Congrats on your environmental upgrade!

Russell Eaton
03-26-2011, 7:45 PM
I don't have A/C either, but the basement stays pretty cool most of the time.

Michael James
03-26-2011, 8:13 PM
Nice! I've worked out in AZ in the summer and that heat is something else...up to 121 in July. Great to have sibs that do things like that, eh?:)

Steve Schlumpf
03-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow! Pretty cool and quite the gift! You will have to turn her something to show your appreciation!

Dan Forman
03-27-2011, 3:36 AM
Very cool indeed - ought to encourage you to spend more time out there this summer. The main advantage of my basement shop is that it stays very comfortable in the summer.

Dan

Cathy Schaewe
03-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Excellent!

Jon Nuckles
03-27-2011, 2:30 PM
Congratulations on the AC. I am uncomfortable in a shop without AC here in Chicago; I can't imagine what it must be like in AZ!

Kelvin Burton
03-27-2011, 4:07 PM
That's great Kathy! I expect I'll have to either grin and bear it or stop turning this summer. My workshop is half of a 20' x 40' metal building and even if I had A/C I don't think I could afford the extra electricity to run it enough to feel the difference :-( It gets very warm here in E TX too, but the humidity is more of the problem.