PDA

View Full Version : Delta 17-950L table adjustment

stephen wood
03-26-2011, 9:35 AM
This is my first DP, so I don't know much about quill, runout, etc. But when I put a square on the table against a drill bit, it's not square. The table doesn't seem to have any adjustment other than the regular tilt capability. Any ideas what I can do about this?

Thanks

stephen wood
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Update. I adjusted the table to be square to the post, then adjusted the pointer to o degrees. I think I'm happy now.

glenn bradley
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
You beat me to it. The table adjusts on all planes as you have found. The return stop works pretty well and I have come to trust it when returning to zero. The pointer is good for a rough estimate on angles but, like the one on a table saw or other such machine, I wouldn't depend on it for detailed joinery. A tilt-box or sliding bevel can help you there. Having this be your first DP you may not realize that you have one of the best designed tables on a machine in the home shop price range. Enjoy.

Harvey Pascoe
03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
. . . or you can adjust the pointer so it is accurate.

stephen wood
03-27-2011, 9:13 AM
You beat me to it. The table adjusts on all planes as you have found. The return stop works pretty well and I have come to trust it when returning to zero. The pointer is good for a rough estimate on angles but, like the one on a table saw or other such machine, I wouldn't depend on it for detailed joinery. A tilt-box or sliding bevel can help you there. Having this be your first DP you may not realize that you have one of the best designed tables on a machine in the home shop price range. Enjoy.

thanks for the info. Any suggestions for add-ons to the table (woodpecker, rockler?)

glenn bradley
03-27-2011, 11:23 AM
thanks for the info. Any suggestions for add-ons to the table (woodpecker, rockler?)

Oddly enough, since I just proclaimed the tables superiority, I added a table and dust collection. the tilting mechanism is really the best part of your table but, a WWing specific table can help out.

Also a small parts fixture keeps your pinkies out of the way.

stephen wood
03-28-2011, 7:57 AM
Oddly enough, since I just proclaimed the tables superiority, I added a table and dust collection. the tilting mechanism is really the best part of your table but, a WWing specific table can help out.

Also a small parts fixture keeps your pinkies out of the way.

Glenn - Where did you get the table?