PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Jobcontrol material setting backup

Jarami Reid
03-25-2011, 1:34 PM
Hi,

quick question for anyone out there who uses Jobcontrol. I've got quite a few valuable material settings that I want to back up before I upgrade to the newest version of Jobcontrol. Where can I find my settings? How can I save them to a new location (like a storage drive) so I can be confident I can retrieve them in the future.

Michael Kowalczyk
03-25-2011, 2:56 PM
There is a folder called materials that you can copy but an upgrade should not effect it but it is good to back up. I just upgraded to 9.4.2 and the job estimator is awesome. One thing I did notice is that it wipes out your history file and then starts from "0" so not sure how to back that one up yet.

How new is your 500? I have been watching the animated video on the Trotec site and it looks cool and well thought out. I would love to have the combo table so I can vector cut small parts with out worrying about picking up all the parts and scraps. Angled slats to deflect the beam and them a little broom to pull your parts out. Do you have this table option?

Jarami Reid
03-25-2011, 3:18 PM
Hi Michael,

Could you post the file path for this folder - I can't find it?

I like the speedy 500, I've only actually used one other type of laser (laserpro i of some type)

The table options are handy - my only word of caution would be to make sure you have a good exhaust system. I have a high pressure blower, here is a link.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=keyword&action=Go!&QueryString=7d756&submit.x=0&submit.y=0 (http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=keyword&action=Go%21&QueryString=7d756&submit.x=0&submit.y=0)

Because of the size of the machine I wish I had a lot more pull.

Michael Kowalczyk
03-25-2011, 3:46 PM
Just do a search for "Material" and it will locate the folder you have it in. You will probably will want to copy the .dll file also. Just noticed in 9.4.2 that there is a material file for every model of Trotec laser. So maybe you should update or add a material setting and then check to see the date the file was modified to make sure it is the one that your current job control is using. There is a pdf that walks you through the installation also and another one that tells you whats new.

I have a 3hp Blue Tornado cyclone dust collector motor and run 6" down to a Y connector with 2 4" outlets that each have a blast gate on them so I can control the velocity of the top extraction vent or the table vacuum I installed. It is rated for around 2200 CFM but not sure what the actual is since it is choked down a bit.

Jarami Reid
03-25-2011, 4:59 PM
I'm not getting this. not sure how these settings are saved. In my common files folder.
that I find by going to C:\Program Files\Trotec\Common Files there are four files:

createMiniDump
mco.dll
TRMaterial.dll
trotec.dll

none of these files have been modified since september 2009 (a month before I got my laser cutter). There is no material folder for trotec on my computer? I searched.

Michael Kowalczyk
03-25-2011, 5:53 PM
What version job control are you running now? What OS? You should be able to get support from Trotec directly via phone or email. Since yours may be set up different than mine, you should probably talk to Trotec so you don't loose any files and know which ones to back up so you will have all the ones you need.

Jon Colley
03-28-2011, 3:39 PM
Hello all,

The file name is always TR_CO2_Material.dat for CO2 systems or if it's a Fiber, Hybrid, Flexx or otherwise the CO2 part will be replaced by the type you have.

It's location varies depending on OS, but on Job Control 7.x.x or higher on XP you can look here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Trotec\JobControl\9.4.2(your version here)

On Win7 and Vista you can find it here:
C:\Program Data\Trotec\JobControl\9.4.2(your version here)

The Application Data and Program Data directories are both hidden, so you will need to tell your system to display hidden files and folders to navigate to these directories.

In addition to this, I would backup the jc.ini file (same directory) as well. A copy of this with the default settings is on your original CD, but it's a good idea to back it up in case there have been any changes to your system.

Michael Kowalczyk
03-28-2011, 4:52 PM
Thanks for jumping in Jon. I did not know about the hidden files. Good info to know.

Jarami Reid
06-23-2011, 5:30 PM
yeah Jon thanks.