PDA

View Full Version : For Coach Tressel

Mark Valsi
04-14-2003, 7:03 PM
I made this Humidor (or jewelry box) for Coach Jim Tressel of the NATIONAL CHAMPION OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

I hope he uses it to keep all those Victory Cigars in !

The Box is Figured walnut with a top of flamed maple and bubinga inlays. Inside is lined with Spanish Cedar.

Comments are welcomed and encouraged

John Miliunas
04-14-2003, 7:13 PM
Wow Mark! You scored some wonderful looking wood there! Nice, clean execution and I really like the way the raised panel leads up to the inlay. I'll bet the Coach will cherish that almost as much as the victory! :cool:

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-14-2003, 7:45 PM
Very nice Humidor Mark! Excellent choice of Wood as well. I really like projects that mix wood species...............it adds a touch of class and brings out the craftsmanship and imagination of the builder. As an occasional Cigar Puffer myself, I can see the box holding a nice suppy of Cigars. Great Job..............I love boxes, and I am getting the bug to start building a few...........as soon as I get the projects already underway finished! ;)
Really looks good, and I'll bet it was fun to build too!

Jim Baker
04-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful, Mark. Very nice work. The coach should be very proud to have it.

Tom Sweeney
04-14-2003, 11:23 PM
NUFF Said! :cool:

Dan Stuewe
04-15-2003, 12:16 AM
The box looks very nice, except for that smudge in the middle of the lid!

;)

Quit reminding this real Southern Californian (hey! where's the "Gold" font?) of the season that could have been.

At least for this year I wish there was a NCAA football playoff!

I guess we'll have to settle for the Heisman.

Fight on!

Dave Arbuckle
04-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Looks like about the right color, Dan... ;)

Mark, the humidor is awe-inspiring.

Dave
(not an alumnus, just a Trojans sympathizer)

Von Bickley
04-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Mark,

Great looking Humidor / Jewelry / Miscellaneous Box. Thanks for letting us see it.

Mike Vermeil
04-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Mark,

Just curious; how did you get it to Tressel, and did you get any response from him?

Nice work.

Mike