PDA

View Full Version : Great service from Kitchen Aid

dennis thompson
03-25-2011, 6:59 AM
We bought a fairly expensive Kitchen Aid coffee pot about 6 months ago & of course, didn't save the receipt nor did we send in the warranty. It stopped working yesterday, I called Kitchen Aid & after a few tries to fix it over the phone, they're sending me a new coffee pot. Can't ask for bettter service than that:)
Dennis

Dick Strauss
03-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm glad that you got great service. Maybe they are finally getting the message.

Just don't ask to get your oven fixed after running the "cleaning cycle" AKA "breaking cycle"! Do a search and you will see it is a common complaint with their ovens. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Kent A Bathurst
03-25-2011, 11:43 AM
OTOH - 34 years ago, I bought a KitchenAid mixer for my girlfriend. 33 years ago we got married. 6 months ago, I needed to replace one worn-out part @ $5.00.

BTW - The worn-out part was on the mixer, not the wife - who is a gourmet cook. All around, I made one heckuva investment in that mixer 34 years ago.

Greg Portland
03-25-2011, 1:14 PM
Kent, you got one of the good Kitchen Aid mixers back when they were made by Hobart (all steel internals, etc.). The new ones are OK but are nothing like those old indestructible versions. Don't sell it!