PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker box clamp????

Peter Kuhlman
03-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Any of you own and use them? Would love to hear from actual users. Not referring to the L-shaped corner brace but to the adjustable box corner clamp. I really struggle at times glueing up a large cabinet box and keeping things square. I have and use the L-braces at times but they are clumsey to set up and require 2 clamps per corner. Last large cabinet was my very large router table cabinet and using K-body Besseys but things went wrong even with tongue-and-groove joints. The back was square but the front got torqued out of square. These Woodpecker clamps look like a fairly easy to use solution although pricey. Thoughts????
Pete

Steve Friedman
03-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I just got the Lee Valley version - a little cheaper - and like them alot.

Peter Kuhlman
03-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Steve - you refering to the metal swivel corner clamp or the plastic assembly clamp from Lee Valley?

Chris Rosenberger
03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
I have the Alu. Woodpecker version & the larger plastic ones from Rockler.
Both work well for me.

Steve Friedman
03-25-2011, 1:13 AM
Steve - you refering to the metal swivel corner clamp or the plastic assembly clamp from Lee Valley?

The metal Swivel Miter Clamps (they're pretty heavy). If money were no object, I probably would have bought the Woodpecker ones because I think they look nicer and seem more compact. I love the feel of Woodpecker stuff. However, the LV version of the swivel clamp was under $21 each and the Woodpecker ones were $35. I could not justify the extra cost. I know the Woodpecker ones are on sale right now, but it only brings the cost down by $2.50 each.

Not sure what you mean by the plastic assembly clamp, but I considered the LV 4-way speed clamp. Just wasn't convinced it would be anywhere near as strong as the corner squares and that I would need several sets for larger projects.

Steve

sunny nic
03-25-2011, 3:15 AM
I have the Alu. Woodpecker version & the larger plastic ones from Rockler.
Both work well for me.
so they are nice???