PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Dennis Peacock!

Lewis Mills
01-26-2005, 7:42 PM
For your easy-to-follow DC remote page. I set one up following your example, and it works great! I found a remote very much like the one you show, but for only ~$13 at Lowes. I got the contactor on eBay for $15 including shipping, and had the rest of the stuff on hand, so the project was cheap as well as easy. Here are a couple of pictures; the first is the box with the contactor and the remote receiving unit, and the second shows the ductwork surrounding it. It's a pretty busy area -- I've got an HVAC duct, the feed to the subpanel, a gas pipe, a water pipe, the DC duct, and a CATV cable all sharing the same space.
Lewis

Randy Moore
01-26-2005, 8:14 PM
Lewis,

That looks good
Two questions---You are putting covers on the boxes, RIGHT! What is in the coffee can?

Randy

Lewis Mills
01-26-2005, 8:24 PM
Covers, absolutely! Just took 'em off for the pictures. The coffee can is there to put an even bend in the flexible HVAC duct; it sometimes kinks if you bend it too tight.
Lewis

Dennis Peacock
01-26-2005, 9:02 PM
You are very welcome Lewis!! I am glad that my web pages was enough help to allow you to save money on an item that you wanted / needed for your shop. :D I always try to be of help instead of a hinderance. ;)

Looks really good and a good job you did!! :D

Steve Clardy
01-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Looks good. Dennis and Tyler helped me out on one also.
BTW. I found remotes at Lowes for $6.00 the other day. Picked up two extras.
They are for outdoor lighting systems.

Jim Becker
01-27-2005, 11:52 AM
The same system worked well for me! While it's pretty simple, Dennis's materials and pictures were just the ticket to get it right the first time and quickly.