PDA

View Full Version : Really cool video about a Wegner chair

William Hamilton
03-23-2011, 6:43 PM
For anyone interested in Danish modern furniture, I found this video and was quite entertained by it.

http://www.dkvogue.com/video/download/hi-res/the-chair/the-chair.mov

David Wong
03-23-2011, 7:57 PM
Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. I wonder what the price is of these chairs made from the navy oak logs. The regular price of a Wegner chair is around $5000.

Mark Singer
03-23-2011, 9:07 PM
Excellent video! Hans Wegner was the chair master! That is a great combination of technology and hand craftsmanship . Having made a lot of chairs I appreciate the video. I have 10 Wegner dining chairs...if I thought I could make a better chair I would.

William Hamilton
03-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm filing that chair in the "some day I will make one of those" category. Just starting out I don't have the skills or know how yet. I guess it's a matter of breaking it down into steps and pieces instead of looking at it as a whole and getting intimidated. I love the design, the curves, the angles.. the whole thing. Mark, I must say I'm jealous that you've made ten of these!

Mark Singer
03-24-2011, 9:37 AM
No didn't make them I bought 10 wishbone Wegner chairs made in the original Hansen factory

William Hamilton
03-24-2011, 9:57 AM
I wouldn't know what to be more jealous of! I saw your wenge table with those chairs. Very nice room indeed.