PDA

View Full Version : Bad Axe Dovetail Saw

Ben Beckham
03-23-2011, 5:05 PM
Bad Axe has a new 10" dovetail saw. I did a quick search here and didn't see anything on it. It looks like it is, well, a bad axe saw. I have nothing but the highest expectations. I put down a deposit for one yesterday and I'm now patiently (not really) waiting for it to be made. :D

The only dovetail saw I've ever used was a $10 hunk-o-junk from Ace Hardware that I fitted with my own amateur version of a traditional open handle.

Anyone else looking at this thing?

Paul Incognito
03-23-2011, 5:09 PM
Always looking...
Most of my saws are restored vintage. In fact, of the 25 or so saws that I currently have, the only one I bought new is a LN dovetail saw. It is a fine saw, but I tend to prefer the old ones. I don't know why, maybe because I'm cheap?
All of the Bad Axe saws look pretty nice. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it.

Paul

Mike Zilis
03-23-2011, 5:49 PM
Ben,

I ordered a prototype of the new Bad Axe Dovetail Saw late last year. Mark made it for me using his 12" saw plate and cherry closed handle. It cuts like a dream. I actually really like the longer saw plate. I know you're going to love yours.

Mike

bob blakeborough
03-23-2011, 7:23 PM
I have 3 saws on order from Mark right now, the new 10 inch Dovetail included... Can't wait!!!

paul cottingham
03-23-2011, 7:31 PM
My wallet screams for mercy. I've been resisting mark's offerings, but my will is weakening.....