PDA

View Full Version : General Metalworking Cart for my Lincoln AC-225 Stick Machine

Tom Hintz
03-23-2011, 2:45 AM
I needed to make my Lincoln AC-225 easier to move around the shop so I built a cart that includes storage for tools and clamps I often use with that machine. I also added a grid-type top to give me another welding surface that I can clamp things to for welding.
see the link below for a bunch of photos and a video on the construction.

Lincoln AC-225 Cart Story (http://www.newmetalworker.com/Howto/linc225cart.html)
http://www.newmetalworker.com/Howto/graphics/linc225cart/lnccrtdone250.jpg

ray hampton
03-23-2011, 12:51 PM
nice cart but don't you need more clamps

Bruce Boone
03-23-2011, 2:57 PM
Slickness. Great job.

Tom Hintz
03-23-2011, 3:24 PM
nice cart but don't you need more clamps

Don't get smart with me or I will post my clamp cart! So there!

ray hampton
03-23-2011, 4:01 PM
Don't get smart with me or I will post my clamp cart! So there!

what , you only own one clamp cart?

Tom Hintz
03-23-2011, 4:04 PM
what , you only own one clamp cart?
I actually have three, one with long woodworking clamps and two with smaller metalworking clamps. One is the one in the picture above and the other is my cart for the abrasive wheel cut off machine. I actually moved a bunch of clamps from that one to the new one so it would look like I had more clamps when I went in there but that isn't working out. I might have to buy mmore...

ray hampton
03-23-2011, 5:38 PM
I actually have three, one with long woodworking clamps and two with smaller metalworking clamps. One is the one in the picture above and the other is my cart for the abrasive wheel cut off machine. I actually moved a bunch of clamps from that one to the new one so it would look like I had more clamps when I went in there but that isn't working out. I might have to buy mmore...

there will be times that you will need MORE CLAMPS

Tom Hintz
03-24-2011, 3:20 AM
there will be times that you will need MORE CLAMPS

You are right of course. I have been collecting clamps for over 30 years now and almost without fail whenever I think I have enough, I come up needing some type of clamp or size that I don't have and then I collect a few more. Whomever came up with the "You never have enough clamps" theory was right on the money.