PDA

View Full Version : Rojeck Machinery

Mike Wilkins
01-26-2005, 9:46 AM
Anyone in the creek know of or have any first hand knowledge of the Rojek
line of machinery? I am looking at the combo jointer/planer machines and
there is not a lot of talk about this company.
One of the mags did a table saw review and Kelly Mehler gave good reviews on their tablesaw, but I know nothing of the J/P machines.
Thanks and watch those fingers.

john lawson
01-26-2005, 11:06 AM
I have owned a Rojek KPS 300V for more than 3 years and it is a very good machine. Mine is a 5 function combination machine, with 3 separate 3.6hp motors. Most of the buzz or talk has been about either Felder or MiniMax combo machines, but if you actually spec out the machines exactly the same I believe you will find the Rojek is a greater value. Fine Woodworking did a head to head comparison about two years ago and the Rojek came out just below the MiniMas combo; however, the cost comparisons were a little bit skewed. The Felder and Knapp came out higher overall, but were substantially more costly.

To your specific question, my machine has the 12 Jointer/planer and the slot mortising unit. The combination you are interested in is very similar the the model that is on the 5 funtion combo. My jointer planer has the 4 knife cutterhead and works great. The only thing I would do differently is to get the Tersa cutterhead, used to be a $300 to $400 option but I am not sure now what it would cost.

Any way you go, get the slot mortising unit, you won't regret it. Also, all the machines mentioned should be great machines.

Steve Wargo
01-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I've not heard anything bad about them. I'm in the market for one myself and I'm looking at the Rojek. FYI Amazon Sells them now. Keep your eyes peeled for the free shipping deal, or 10% off coupons.

Wendell Wilkerson
01-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I own a PK300V table saw. I've been happy with it. The sliding table is nice and I really like having a riving knife rather than a splitter. I looked into getting a Jointer/Planer but I couldn't justify the cost right now. Contact Tech-Mark. They were very helpful when I was buying my tablesaw. They may be able to give you the name of someone in your area that has the machine you're interested in. I hope Tech-Mark's prices on the Rojek machines are better than Amazon's. The PK300V on Amazon is almost $800 more than what I paid 3 years. The price increase may be a result of the weakened dollar though.

Wendell