PDA

View Full Version : What is Revell craft plywood?

Kimmy Armstrong
03-22-2011, 6:46 PM
I tried cutting Revell craft 1/4" birch plywood on my Epilog 50 watt laser & it cuts beautifully! The problem is that it costs so much to buy from them in the volume I need. Is it baltic birch, or some type of aircraft plywood? I don't know enough, to know what to search for.

Terry Swift
03-22-2011, 6:58 PM
Kimmy,

Sounds like wood made for model airplane enthusiasts and if from a hobby store for car / boat / plane builders - then yes - you're going to spend a lot. Find a local lumber yard and they should have 1/4" plywood in many flavors. Even the big box stores carry a variety of 1/4". Getting down to 1/8"; now the b.b. stores have more issues. Since we can't see your location; every region of the U.S. has differing types of plywoods available. Most 1/8" & 1/4" 4' x 8' sheets can be had in the $10 - $20 range. Lumber suppliers should be able to rip that down to sizes you can use if you don't have the saws to do so.

Lee DeRaud
03-22-2011, 8:22 PM
Sounds like wood made for model airplane enthusiasts and if from a hobby store for car / boat / plane builders - then yes - you're going to spend a lot. Find a local lumber yard and they should have 1/4" plywood in many flavors.What he said. It's probably the same as the Midland stuff that Michael's carries: very useful if you need small quantities of very thin stock (1/64", 1/32", 1/16" or the metric equivalent), but you're better off getting full sheets for anything 1/8" or thicker.