PDA

View Full Version : HF coupon for 2hp dust collector

shane lyall
03-22-2011, 1:59 AM
I have a -20% but don't want to pay $179 -the 20% if there's a coupon out there for less. If I don't find one I will pony up the $$'s but I know I've seen post for 139 in the past.

Cary Falk
03-22-2011, 4:32 AM
Send me your Address via PM. I have one in the back of a Wood Magazine. Cary

shane lyall
03-22-2011, 8:18 AM
PM sent. Thanks Cary

Bruce Wrenn
03-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I have a -20% but don't want to pay $179 -the 20% if there's a coupon out there for less. If I don't find one I will pony up the $$'s but I know I've seen post for 139 in the past.It's not on sale right now, but most likely will be next month. Current sales flyer lists it at $189. Sale ends on the 31st.

Ruhi Arslan
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Some cashiers - not locations but "cashiers" - would argue with you not to honor 20% single item discount coupon if the item is listed as a "sale" item. I have this problem at my local to me store. Asking for hte manager resolved it every time. It even works for multiples of the same item if you find the "right" manager on duty.

Mark Godlesky
03-23-2011, 2:06 AM
The newer coupons now have the dust collector at $149. The last coupon for $139 was in Wood mag (March) and expires in May. I'll have my pennies saved before it expires.

Seems like a lot of the HF stuff has increased in price recently. They also added more restrictions to the 20% off coupons.

Kevin W Johnson
03-23-2011, 2:12 AM
Prices can and do fluctuate with changes in exchange rates with the Yen.

Charles McKinley
03-23-2011, 2:20 AM
Have you checked the price of scrap???? Steel over $300 a ton, copper over $3 a pound and add to it the printing of dollars called quantative easing in the news you can expect things to go up about 20% by the end of June 2011 compared to end of Q2, 2010.

As energy cost incerase anything metal has to go up as making metals is hugely energy intensive.

Myk Rian
03-23-2011, 7:14 AM
All depends on the store, manager, cashier. I had one cashier give me 20% off my entire purchase.
Saved a bunch that day.

shane lyall
03-27-2011, 1:16 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Cary for sending me the coupon. I get Shopsmith and Shopnotes mags but none have ads. I subscribe for that reason but I guess I need to add WOOD to my list. That's what I'm telling LOML anyway! I pick up my DC tomorrow.

shane lyall
03-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Update. Ok. I picked it up yesterday and got to assemble it this afternoon. Still no seperator yet(Lowes only had LIGHT 22 gal cans and I think the lid would implode) The instructions are junk but the unit is great. I think the 1500+ cfm may be a stretch but have no way of checking it. I do know this thing will such your watch off! I almost destroyed it right out of the box! My son and I were playing with it and were sucking up all the dust around my 12 SCMS when I noticed the Allen wrench and socket laying on the table. It had already started to pick them up when I grabed them! I can't even think of what those would have done to my impeller!
Anyway, my son cam with me to get it and he had a meter he needed to return. He said "here Dad, just use this on your DC also!" what a great boy he is! So after a $50 credit on the clamps, $20 pn the meter, and the -20% "make it right" customer service discount I spent about $30 out of pocket for my DC! Now THATS a gloat in my book.
I used it to plane about 200 BF of walnut and my floor was clean after that. I'm picking up the S&D thin wall tomorow to plumb the shop but so far it worked great with just a flex hose.
I had a joint of 4 inch drier vent an tried it out with that. On the plus side, you can unhook the vent and drop it to the floor, kick on the DC and the suction pulls it back tight out of the way when you're done.

If it blows up next week I can't complain for $30 but it works better than my 1.5 hp Delta so far!

Kevin W Johnson
03-29-2011, 1:28 AM
I'm still working on getting mine ready for operation. I made a new front plate for mine with a 6" connection on it. I'm close to finishing the "dust collection shed" to house mine. I'm eager to finish it up so i can get to turning some pens and make the fence for the router table top i made recently.

David Hostetler
03-31-2011, 2:16 PM
I just got my monthly circular from HF, the coupon price on the 2HP DC has gone up to $169.00... Prices are rising, FAST...