PDA

View Full Version : David Ellsworth Demos In Pensacola ...

BILL DONAHUE
03-21-2011, 8:15 PM
The Artistic Woodturners of N.W. Florida just had three days of demos by David Ellsworth. The first two days followed the outline of the outstanding book "Ellsworth on Woodturning." and the last day was more one on one for about 7 people. I was scheduled to be one of the lucky 7 but had family duties call unexpectedly. Folks, I strongly encourage all clubs to try to get David. His demos are simply the best - that's all there is to it. The best! After the second day's demos I gave David and his wife Wendy a tour of Pensacola by water. We took my boat on a ride through Escambia Bay followed by dinner at a great seafood restaurant. The pictures are of David critiquing two of my pieces and, of course, on my boat.

charlie knighton
03-21-2011, 8:53 PM
gloat.....good gloat

David E Keller
03-21-2011, 8:58 PM
Getting a photo of David Ellsworth hold one of your turnings... Priceless. You managed to do it twice! Lucky dog.

Jim Burr
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Well don't stop there! What did he say??????

Mark Hubl
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Excellent!! David is one of the best!

Don Geiger
03-22-2011, 3:06 PM
David will be in Lakeland, Tampa, Fort Myers and Jacksonville over the next couple of weeks. Turners in these areas should try to attend.

Don Geiger

BILL DONAHUE
03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Well don't stop there! What did he say??????

He said "thanks for the boat ride and hey, that restaurant on the water has some great food." Oh, you mean about the critique. He liked the platter with the inlayed Katrina tree. Didn't have a suggestion about it and just pointed out some of it's strengths. He said the holllowed form "dolphins in oil" could be thinner on the bottom. It was about 1/8" on the top but I left too much wood in the bottom, something not noticable when I posted a picture here. He also suggested smoothing out some of the gesso on it. He critiqued several pieces that club members brought in and was very fair and helpful. Like David Keller said "priceless."