PDA

View Full Version : postage to canada

jim sauterer
03-21-2011, 7:56 PM
i know this is not woodworking.is postage from u.s. to british columbia canada 44 cents for a letter.i bought a leigh super fmt and want to send in warranty and get free upgrade.thanks jim

Jim Rimmer
03-21-2011, 9:00 PM
75 cents US
http://ircalc.usps.gov/?country=10097

Bill Cunningham
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
You can't even mail a letter IN Canada for 44 cents.. well, maybe 20 years ago!

Lloyd Kerry
03-22-2011, 11:18 PM
That's right- 59 cents to mail a letter in Canada, $1.03 to the U.S. ... and there may be a 5% tax on top of that, I can never remember! So sending out postcards, flyers, etc. for my business it costs me a fortune in Canada, and two fortunes to the U.S.!

Bill Cunningham
03-24-2011, 9:15 PM
That's right- 59 cents to mail a letter in Canada, $1.03 to the U.S. ... and there may be a 5% tax on top of that, I can never remember! So sending out postcards, flyers, etc. for my business it costs me a fortune in Canada, and two fortunes to the U.S.!

Just remember Lloyd, if you mail your products in Canada, Get a Venture 1 card, and use expedited post. It's a bit cheaper and a bit faster, but that's not the reason I use it.. I use it because they give me a Guaranteed 'delivery by' date. And the cool part is they only seem to deliver on the guaranteed date about 40% or less of the time. If they don't deliver on time, you fill out a 'online ticket' and they send you a cheque refund for the postage you paid, including GST/HST. So I get at least 60% of my shipping costs back every year.