PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 64 bit bugs for Mini-24 Firmware v1.0.3.0 / Driver v8.07

Greg Bednar
03-21-2011, 2:38 PM
I've noticed two things:

1) When entering raster values, I am able to directly enter
speed and power settings into the box with no problem.

When directly entering vector values in the Dashboard,
I can directly enter the values in Power and Speed, but
I cannot directly enter values into the frequency box;
I have to use the slider or bump up or down with the + or
- key respectively.

2) When rastering and while setting raster power settings
on the fly at the machine, as I drop the power down from 48% in 1% increments,
it will go to 47%, 46% but then skip 45% and go directly to 44%

I've sent an email to Epilog

I don't know if this is a driver or a firmware problem or both. But presents
nothing major at this time.

John Noell
03-21-2011, 3:02 PM
If those are your only problems you are lucky. Standard files I use repeatedly (and which work perfectly with the 32 bit driver) caused the head to fly off and bang into the sides when I used the 64 bit driver. Epilog declined to even reply on the issue, even when a dealer intervened. At this point in time there is little need for a 64 bit OS and drivers so I am sticking with the 32 bit versions. If Epilog were more responsive (or even responsive at all) it would be more reassuring.

Tim Riley
03-21-2011, 3:31 PM
First, I DO NOT work for Epilog, I just did a bunch of testing for the new firmware release.

The dashboard entry problems Greg is experiencing are not part of the firmware release. The frequency couldn't be changed before; the GUI is messed up there, Epilog is aware of it. The power level "skip" sounds like something new.

The "BANG" and throwing the carriage around is probably one of the biggest improvements in the new release. The issue was if you set the job type to 'Combined' and didn't have a vector component the carriage would still go to starting vector position, but one didn't exist.

Tim

Greg Bednar
03-21-2011, 4:47 PM
I have not experienced the "BANG" - The "skip" is reproducible - And thanks for the input Tim. I have a 64 bit system(s) so up until these little trifles, I had no problems. Well, other than finding the laser on the home network initially, but that daymare is over.

Greg Bednar
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I received a call from Dan at Epilog. He confirms the reason you cannot directly enter frequency for a reason; the reason eludes me at this time in retrospect, but at any event, there is a reason. As far as the skipping on a percentage point when setting power settings at the machine while in raster mode, he will get back to me. - It is very nice to have the follow-up call this morning. Very nice.