PDA

View Full Version : Mirror part 2

Keith Christopher
01-25-2005, 9:48 PM
Well here is the mirror, next step is for keystones. It will be all finished soon. :)

Question, think it would benefit from a bead detail on the inner and outer rim of the mirror ?

Keith

Jim Young
01-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure a bead works with the keys.

Jim Dunn
01-26-2005, 7:49 AM
I agree with Jim (we jim's gots to stick together;)) I also don't think a bead detail would work with the keys.

Jim

Jim Becker
01-26-2005, 8:48 AM
Given my name, I'll be "sticky", too...one must be careful with competing elements. But why not mock up a section from scrap or use the aborted frame to try it both ways? The bottom line is how it looks to you.

Ted Shrader
01-26-2005, 9:06 AM
Keith -

I'm not a Jim (don't even play one on TV), but I'm with the Jim crowd. In its current state, a bead detail would trim it out nicely. When you add the keystones, the mirror frame will have a whole different look.

Ted

Keith Christopher
01-26-2005, 9:54 AM
Thanks for the input! I will clarify my idea a little I was thinking the top detail as opposed to the side. in the image below the top one is what I was thinking about.

Jim Dunn
01-26-2005, 2:38 PM
Keith, ya know I do like the "outside" detail. Just not the face frame detail, I think it detracts from the keystones in my OP. By putting it on the outside of the frame it's not visible except from the side profile, then it adds an additional element of trim not seen from the front.

Bill Arnold
01-26-2005, 4:28 PM
Keith,

I responded to your post on this in the Design Forum.