PDA

View Full Version : Are These Stanley "Everlasting" Chisels?

Tom LaRussa
01-25-2005, 9:47 PM
They don't say Everlasting, but they look just like some chisels I've seen on that big auction thingie which have been sold as Everlasting, and which also didn't say Everlasting on them, at least not that I could tell.

How does one tell an Everlasting from any other Stanley chisel with a round, bulbous handle?

Tony Sade
01-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Check here:

http://users.ev1.net/~gmuster/TypeStudy/type_studies.htm

Pretty sure the top, wood-handled one is a #50. Not sure about the other one with what I assume is a composite handle.

Tom LaRussa
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Check here:

http://users.ev1.net/~gmuster/TypeStudy/type_studies.htm

Pretty sure the top, wood-handled one is a #50. Not sure about the other one with what I assume is a composite handle.
Thanks Tony, :D

I had no idea anyone had done an online chisel type-study.

I think you're right, that top one looks to be a type 6 #50.

I don't know what the heck the other one is, but I saw one on eBay just like it that was labeled "Everlasting" -- ugly, heavy composite handle and all. Go figure.

Terry Hatfield
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
ah Tom.....you should look into this chisel thing you got going on. Soon you will own every old chisel in the world if you don't get help. :D

t

Tom LaRussa
01-26-2005, 8:38 AM
ah Tom.....you should look into this chisel thing you got going on. Soon you will own every old chisel in the world if you don't get help. :D t
Terry,

You mean if I could get some help I could own every old chisel in the world that much quicker, right? :p

I'm only looking at a few right now...

Terry Hatfield
01-26-2005, 8:41 AM
Terry,

You mean if I could get some help I could own every old chisel in the world that much quicker, right? :p

I'm only looking at a few right now...

Yes, exactly. :D :D

t

Mike Cutler
01-26-2005, 8:20 PM
Don't worry Terry, he won't get em' all. I got an old chisel fetish myself. Darn near killed me to buy a brand new 3/8' mortiser, but I had too have it that night, I couldn't believe I didn't have one in that size. I hope "antique dealers" never find out about the quality of the steel in old chisels or planes, or the prices will skyrocket. Of course we may have to keep Bob Smalser and Dave Anderson, and all their knowledge locked up in a secret internet site known only to woodworkers ;)